Chapter 32

Tareek's POV

When I wake up a few days later, I can see that I'm alone in the bed, but it's way earlier than the time when Devonte usually leaves to go to the pack house.

So, I decide to go downstairs to see if he's alright.

I'm a bit worried that he had a headache like he did last time, but I hope that it's not the case.

"Where are you going?" Wren asks me from his doorway, when I'm about halfway down the stairs.

"I wanted to see if Devonte is alright, because he's not in the bed anymore." I tell him.

"Didn't he tell you that he had to finally got to he meeting that he was forced to skip when you got heat?" He asked me with a frown, and my eyes widen.

"He told me, but I guess that I forgot." I say with a shrug, and then I walk back upstairs.

I go to Logan's room, and it takes him with me to Wren's room, before I lay on his bed.

Wren looks at me from the doorway for a while, before he comes here too, and the three of us lay on the bed, before Wren falls asleep again.

I lay on the bed for a few hours, and I play some driving game on my phone, because I don't feel tired anymore although I don't want to be downstairs alone.

Logan starts to cry not much after the sun starts to rise, and he wakes Wren with it.

So, I sigh, and I take him in my arms, before I go downstairs to make something for him to eat.

I feel weird again, like I'm about to be in pain, but I'm not even sure what is hurting me.

When Wren come here, I decide to tell him about it, and he frowns.

"It might be because Devonte is away." He tells me, and I nod. "We will go to the pack hospital if it won't go away, or if it will get worse." He says.

It stays like that until the evening, and then I start to feel a lot worse.

Wren quickly takes me to the pack hospital, and I make sure that he will take Logan too.

I feel pain everywhere, and I really hope that it's not something serious, because I don't want to die yet.

Wren sets me on the hospital bed, and he calls Devonte to tell him what's going on, while I let the doctor make sure that I will survive.

Not much later, the pain fades, and I'm very happy about that.

I manage to take a nap, and when I wake up, I can see that Devonte and Wren are sitting near the bed.

I look around the room to see if Logan is here too, and I spot him in the crib that's on the other side of the room.

"Are you alright?" Devonte asked me, and I nod.

"I'm fine now. What happened?" I ask him.

"It was the separation pain." He tells me with an apologetic smile.