Chapter 14

Devonte's POV

When I finally find Finley, I can see that he's talking to someone, but I don't care about it, so I walk straight towards him.

He quickly ends the conversation when he sees me, and the other guy walks away right before I reach Finley.

"I have to talk with you." I say.

"Alright." He says.

"Let's go to my office." I tell him, and he nods in agreement.

He doesn't look scared or anything, and I'm pretty sure that if he did what my mate said that he did, then he would have been scared by now.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asks me, after I close the door to my office.

"Tareek told me that you forced him to sleep with you. That you didn't give him any other option." I tell him, and his eyes widen.

"I have no idea what he's talking about, but I guess that he got angry at me.

I told him that when he won't be pregnant any more, than I will make sure that he won't get away that easily after the will disrespect you." He tells me, and he seems honest.

So, if he's lying then he's a very good liar.

I decide to just believe him, because he's one of my best friends, and I don't want him to go through the pain that I will cause him if I will use my Alpha voice to ask him to if he did anything.

"You can go." I tell him.

"Will you just let your mate get away with laying about something like that?" He asks me, and I roll my eyes.

"I won't let him get away with that, but it's not like I can punish him now. After the will give birth, then I will make sure to properly punish him for everything that he will do during the pregnancy." I tell him.

I'm not sure why I'm telling him this, because what I'm doing with my mate is none of his businesses.

But I guess that I just wanted to assure him that I will make sure that Tareek will know that it's not alright to lie about something like this.

He leaves my office, and I decide to go back to the house, although I walk very slowly, because I'm not entirely sure what I want to do with my mate now.

I know that I can't punish him like I would do if he wasn't pregnant, because I don't want to risk hurting the kid, even if there will be a low possibility of that.

I sigh tiredly when I walk inside of the house, and I quickly gestures for Wren to leave, before I glare at my mate.

"I hope that you know that you will be punished for everything that you do while you're pregnant.

I will wait for Logan to be born, and then I will make sure that you will regret everything." I tell him, before I go upstairs.

I can hear that he's following me, so I make sure to lock the bedroom door behind me, and then I lay on the bed.