Chapter 16

Tareek's POV

Devonte just left the house, and right after the front door closed after him, I started to panic, because that means that Finley will be here very shortly.

I stay on the couch for a few minutes, but then I decide that I don't want to be here when he will get here.

So, I open the door that leads to the back yard, and I run towards the woods.

I hide my scent as quickly as I find the plants which allows me to do that, and then I continue to walk through the woods.

I'm not sure where I'm going, but I guess that I will have to stop soon, because my bump won't allow me to walk for long, and I will have to rest at least for a while.

I really can't wait until Logan will be born, because he's annoying, and he tends to kick me hardly.

I just hope that he will be better when he will be here, because I know that I will be the one who will watch him for the most of the day, while Devonte will be at work.

I wonder if Finley will tell Devonte that I ran away, or if he will start to look for me first.

I look around, to try and find somewhere that I could hide, and I smile slightly he I find a very small cave.

I walk towards it, and I try to walk inside.

I chuckle when it tuns out the I'm small enough to fit there, and it's also a lot longer than Finley's hands, so he won't be able to get me out of here.

I stay here for a few hours, before I can see that someone is here.

It's a teenage boy, and it seems that he's looking for something, I just hope that he's not looking for me.

He walks past the cave, and I sigh in relieve, although it seems that I did it a bit too quickly, because it must have caught his attention.

"Do you realise that everyone is looking for you?" The boy asks when he comes back here.

"Why?" I ask him curiously.

I expected Finley to look for me along with some guards, or maybe even Devonte, but I have no idea why everyone would look for me.

"Because the Alpha told all of the guards that you're gone, and that he doesn't know where you are, so they started to look for you.

And most of the pack decided to do the same." He tells me, and my eyes widen.

"Tell the Alpha that I'm here, because I don't want to run into the Delta on my way to the pack house." I tell him, and he quickly nods in agreement, before he takes his phone out of his pocket.

He quickly tells Devonte what's going on, and then he hangs up.

"What's your name?" I ask him.

"Damien." He tells me.

"I'm Tareek." I say, and he nods.

"I know, you're the Alpha's mate." He tells me, and my eyes widen slightly.

I knew that people already know that I'm Devonte's mate, but I didn't know that Devonte talked about me enough to tell them my name.

This pack is very big, and I wasn't friends with many people, so not many of the pack members knew my name before now.

And I'm not sure if I like that they know it.