Chapter 12

Tareek's POV

I shiver when the cool air hits me again, and I wonder why there's this much air in the garage.

I guess that the slightly open garage door is the reason for that, so I guess that I will have to be cold until Devonte will come back.

I just hope that he doesn't really intend to leave me here for the whole day, because I know that it won't be good for either me or the kid.

It doesn't take long for me to hear that someone's trying to open the garage door, and I frown slightly, because I didn't expect Devonte to be back this soon.

He was gone for about half an hour, so I guess that he stayed in the house until now, and that he decided to not make me stay here any longer.

My hope fades very quickly when the door opens, and Finley come inside.

He has a smirk in his face, and I watch as he comes inside, before he closes the door.

"Why are you here?" I ask him.

"Devonte told me that I'm supposed to stay with you today." He tells me.

"Okay." I say reluctantly.

"Well, I'm pretty sure that you don't want to be here, and you look like you're cold, which might mean that you're hurting your kid right now.

So, you have two options, either stay here until Devonte will be back, or we can go upstairs to one of the guest rooms." He tells me.

I look at my bump, which is already growing pretty quickly, and I wonder if the kid will be able to survive a whole day in a cold room.

It's not winter anymore, so I guess that it's not cold enough to kill me, but it might be enough to make me sick, and that could at least hurt my kid.

But on the other hand, if I will agree to what Finley wants to do, then I'm sure that there's a possibility that he will hurt the kid too.

Although Devonte said that we can still sleep together, and that it won't hurt the kid at all, so I guess that following him upstairs will be a safer option.

I just don't think that Devonte realises what he's forcing me to do now.

And if he will be angry at me for what I will do now, then I will have to shout at him for hours.

It most likely won't end well for me, but at least I will make sure that he will know what I think about him.

After all, he's the one who wanted this kid, and I'm the one who's protecting them right now.

"I prefer to go upstairs." I tell him, and he nods with a smirk, before he gestures for me to follow him.

"The next Alpha most likely won't like it, so you might be sick, but I hope that you will manage to deal with it." He says, mentioning my kid.

I just nod at him, before I walk inside of one of the many guest rooms.

I guess that Devonte really planned to have a big family for a long time, because this house stands here since I remember, and it's definitely way too big for a small family.

I sigh tiredly when I hear that Finley locks the door behind us, and I watch him as he starts to hide his scent with a few plants which he must have taken from the woods on his way here.