Chapter 15

Tareek's POV

I had to stay in one of the guest rooms for a few nights, and Devonte didn't speak to me since then, so I guess that he believes Finley instead of believing me.

And I guess that I should be glad that he decided to ignore me, because I'm sure that he doesn't have anything good to say.

I'm currently sitting in the living room with Wren, and he's doing something on his phone, while I'm watching a movie on TV.

It's already late, a bit later than Devonte usually comes back, so I guess that he should be here shortly.

It takes only a few minutes before the front door opens, and I consider if I should greet him, but I decide to not do it, same as I did for the last few days.

But it seems that Devonte wants to talk with me, because he comes straight to the living room, and he's looking at me right away.

"Come with me." He tells me, before he starts to walk up the stairs.

I look at Wren for a few seconds, and he gestures for me to follow Devonte, so that's what I do, while he gets ready to leave.

When I'm upstairs, I sniff the air to see where my mate went, and I quickly find him in the guest room that I was sleeping in for the last few nights.

"What do you want to talk about?" I ask him curiously, and I'm sure that he can tell that I'm nervous to talk with him.

"I just want to make sure that you will behave tomorrow, when Finley will come here to stay with you. And that you won't lie again" He tells me.

"I didn't lie." I tell him sternly.

I most likely wouldn't have done that if I wasn't pregnant, because then there would be a big possibility that he would hit me, or something, but I guess that I'm safe for now.

If I wasn't, then I'm sure that I would have been in pain by now.

"You lied, and I hope that you won't do it again." He tells me.

"I never lie." I tell him, although that's not the truth, but I would never lie to him as long as it wouldn't be necessary.

He rolls his eyes, before he goes out of the bedroom, most likely to eat something.

I go down the stairs too, and I decide to make a sandwich for him.

I'm sure that he ate dinner at the pack house with everyone else, so I never bother to make any dinner for him.

And Wren comes here with the food for the both of us, which I'm grateful for, because I'm not sure if I would be able to make something that would be edible.

He takes the sandwich from me, and he takes it to the living room, so I decide to go there with him.

I barely saw him for the last few days, so I want to spend some time with him, even if he won't talk to me at all.