Chapter 9

Tareek's POV

When Devonte and I were left alone, I decided to wait for a while, instead of talking about Finley right away, but I think that it's a good enough time now.

"Do I really have to train with Finley?" I ask him.

"Yes. I know that you won't be able to be very strong, but I want to make sure that you will be healthy." He tells me.

"Can someone else train me?" I ask. "Finley looks like he will hurt me more than he will help me." I tell him.

"He's my Delta, and I'm sure that he will make sure that you will be fine when you will be with him." He responds.

"Will Wren be there too?" I ask him hopefully.

"No, I need Wren's help once in a while, and that's also the reason why you will have to stay with Finley sometimes." He says.

I sigh in annoyance, but I decide that it's not worth any more arguing.

"Can we go on a walk?" I ask him, and he looks at me with an unimpressed expression.

It seems that he's trying to decide if I'm serious or not, and after a while of us staring at each other, he nods.

"Thanks." I say, and he rolls his eyes, before he stands up.

We walk through the woods, before we reach the training grounds, where a lot of people are currently training.

No one is allowed to come here if they don't have to be training, but I guess that Devonte can be anywhere he wants to be.

I follow him to the other side of the clearing, and he goes towards the soccer ball that's laying on the ground near one of the trees.

He kicks it towards me lightly, and I try to make sure that my eyes won't widen with shock.

I really didn't expect him to want to play soccer, but if I knew that he will want to do it, then I wouldn't want to go on a walk.

The last time that I played soccer, I broke my arm after I tripped on the ball, and I really don't want to feel this sort of pain again.

"What?" Devonte asks me.

"Nothing." I say, and then I try to kick the ball, because I quickly realise that I prefer to do it, over admitting that I'm scared of this ball.

I do it very carefully, but I actually manage to make the ball reach my target.

Devonte stops the ball with his foot, and he frowns at me slightly, but when he sees that I don't want to talk about anything, then he kicks the ball back to me.

We play for a while, and then we decide to go back to he house.

"Finley will come here tomorrow in the morning, and I expect you to do whatever he will say." He tells me.

"There will be consequences if you won't do it, so better be on your best behaviour." He says.

"I will behave." I assure him.

I just hope that I won't have to do more than I can take.