Chapter 6

Devonte's POV

I guess that I was wrong when I assumed that Tareek will somehow manage to do the twenty push ups.

I just walked inside of the house after working in the pack house, and he's currently laying on the floor in the living room, which tells me that he still didn't finish it.

He was staying here for the last two days, although a few times I let him go out to use the bathroom, when he really needed to.

"How many did you do?" I ask him, and he looks up at me tiredly.

"None." He says, and I groan.

"Well, I guess that staying here for this long was enough of a punishment for you." I say, and he starts to smile, but I send him a glare, and he stops.

"Can I go out of the living room?" He asks me, and I nod slightly, although I gesture for him to come with me to the front yard, before he can even consider going anywhere else.

I sit on the chair that is next to the small table, and I gesture for Tareek to sit on my lap.

"We will have to go to the pack hospital, to see if you're pregnant." I tell him.

"Okay." He responds.

We sit in slience for a moment, before I rest my palm on his stomach.

I'm pretty sure that he's pregnant, but I don't even know what makes me think that.

I can kind of smell that his scent is changing a bit, but I'm sure that I'm imagining it, because werewolves' scent doesn't change when they're pregnant.

"Will the kids live here?" Tareek asked me not much later.

"Yes. At least until they will be old enough to live on their own, then I guess that I will build another pack house for them, so they won't have to live with the rest of the pack." I respond.

To be honest, I really don't want to have any kids running around the house.

But I'm away a lot, and I want Tareek to have some company other than Wren.

And I also want to make sure that I will have a heir when I will have to pass the Alpha position to one of my sons.

"I want a girl." Tareek tells me.

"We need a few boys first, to make sure that one of them will be able to be an Alpha." I say.

"How many kids do you want to have?" He asks curiously.

"I'm not sure, maybe seven." I say with a shrug.

"A bit too many for me, but I guess that I don't have a choice." He says with a tired sigh.

"You will do great." I say, and I kiss the top fo his head, before I stand up, and I walk back inside of the house, carrying Tareek in my arms.

I take him upstairs, and I drop him off at the bathroom, so he can wash himself.

I lay on my bed, and I take my phone out, to see if anyone called or texted me recently.