Chapter 39

Devonte's POV

When I walk inside of the house in the afternoon, I can hear that Logan is crying quietly in the living room, and I wonder why Tareek is outside.

I can smell that he left the house not long ago, along with Wren, but I wonder why they didn't take the kid with them.

I decide to check on Logan first, and my eyes widen when I see what happened.

The door that leads to the back yard is broken, and the glass is laying all around the floor.

Logan is laying on the floor, and it seems that he fell from the couch, so I quickly go towards him, and I take him in my arms.

It seems that he's in pain, but he's too tired to cry loudly, so I guess that he was doing it for a pretty long time, because he can scream for hours and he never gets tired.

I consider what I should do, and I know that I should run in the direction of my mate, to see if he's alright.

But I decide to call one of the guards, while I walk in the direction of the pack house.

Well I'm almost running, but I want to go to get to the pack hospital as quickly as I can, so I can leave Logan with the Doctor, because I want to help my mate too.

I quickly tell the guards what's going on, and before I can even reach the pack house, I can hear that they're already running through the woods.

I quickly give the baby to the doctor, and I tell him what I know, before I run out of the pack house, and I shift, before I run in the direction of Tareek's scent.

I wonder if Wren is with him, and what happened to them, but I guess that I will have to find them to find out.

It takes me a few minutes to reach the pack border, and then I keep running until I meet up with some of the guards.

I push them out of my way, and I look at what's laying on the ground.

It's Finley's best friend, who I never liked, and he's at least unconscious, but I'm pretty sure that he's already dying.

"What's going on?" I ask the guards.

"We found him here, and he was already in this condition, so we guess that he tried to kidnap your mate.

And your brother most have ran after them when he realised what's going on, before he did that to him." One of the warriors says through the mind link.

I nod in acknowledgement, before I continue to run towards my mate's scent.

When I reach him, he's sitting against one of the trees, and Wren is near him, along with a few warriors, while the other warriors are staying a bit away from them.

"Are you alright?" I ask Tareek and Wren, after I shift back to my human form.

One of the guards gives me some shorts, which I quickly put on, before I look at them for their answer.

They nod, although I can see that Tareek is in pain.

"Did he hurt you?" I ask Tareek.

"I think that he broke my arm." He tells me.

I go toward him, and I help him stand up, before I carry Tareek to the pack house.