Chapter 50

Tareek's POV

Devonte and I are sitting with Logan in the living room, and I smile at him, hoping that he will smile back.

He just looks at me with a slight frown, and it seems that he isn't in the mood to play with me.

So, I decide to leave him alone, and I let him lay next to me, while I listen to some music on my phone.

Devonte told me that Logan's wolf is fading, but we're not sure what exactly that means.

To be honest, it might mean nothing, just that his scent is fading for some reason.

But it might also mean that Logan is dying, although the doctor told us that he's still doing alright.

This morning, Devonte said that he can barely smell Logan wolf, so the both of us are sitting with Logan now, trying to make sure that nothing will happen to him.

I just wish that he was in the mood today, because then I would have been a bit less less worried.

Although Logan isn't in the mood almost all the time, so that's nothing new.

I just worry that I won't be able to handle him when he will be a teenager, and he will start to do stupid things.

But I guess that it will be something for Devonte to worry about, not for me.

Because I really doubt that I could stop someone who will be as tall as Devonte from doing anything.

After all I'm barely strong enough to carry him for a few minutes without getting tired.

But I guess that I'm getting better, because he's getting bigger and I still can carry him for the same amount of time as before.

"Dad." Logan says.

It doesn't sound as good as it should, and I'm sure that no one else other than Devonte and I could get it, but I know what he was trying to say, so smile at him again.

"That's not fair." Devonte says.

"What?" I ask him.

"I was hoping that he will say Papa." He tells me, and I chuckle slightly.

"Well, he said Dad and you will have to deal with it." I say, and he rolls his yes

"Whatever, I don't care anymore." He says.

I ignore him, as I usually do when he annoys me, and he decides to make me cuddle to him.

Logan protest slightly when I move towards Devonte, but he calms when my mate takes him in his arms.

I'm not sure if Logan likes me or him more at the moment, but I know that he likes Wren more than he likes the both of us together.

He likes to shout when he sees Wren, and this makes all there of us laugh every time.

Logan closes his eyes a while later, and my eye widen, before I shake him harshly, which startles him, and I sigh in relive while he starts crying.

Devonte looks at me with a concerned expression, and he tells me that he can't fell Logan's wolf anymore.

I'm just happy that our kid is still alive, and I'm sure that the will be able to have a good life even without his wolf.

So, I decide to not worry about it, and I hug my mate tightly.