Chapter 28

Devonte's POV

When I'm done with the man who tried to hurt my mate, then I call one for the guards, to tell him to come here with a few of his friends, so they can get rid of his body.

The I go upstairs to see if Tareek is fine.

I open the door to Wren's room, because that where I smell their scent, and Tareek looks at me with worry in his eyes.

"I made sure that he won't hurt you again." I say, and Tareek nods slightly.

I extend one of my hands towards him, hoping that he will come here, so I can give him and Logan a hug.

He reluctantly does that, but right after I put my arm around him, he starts to lose balance.

I quickly take Logan out of his hands with my free hand, and I makes sure to hold Tareek with the other one.

"I think that we should take him to the pack hospital, maybe that man hurt him, or something." Wren says, and I nod in agreement.

I Tareek is still conscious, and he looks like he will be sick, but I just hope that he won't throw up on me while I will I carry him to the pack hospital.

Wren takes Logan from me, before we leave the house, and we walk to the pack hospital.

I leave Tareek with the Doctor, before I go back to the corridor to talk with Wren.

"Why didn't you tell him yet." I ask him, and he shrugs.

"I told you that I won't tell him anything. It's not my place to do this, and I want him to find out on his own." He tells me.

I just roll my eyes, but I don't say anything to that.

I decide to take my son out of my brother's arms, and then I walk inside of the room, to see if Tareek is alright.

I hold the door open for Wren, and he comes with me, before the both of us sit on he chairs that are near that hospital bed that Tareek lays on.

"Is he alright?" I ask the doctor, when he's done with the examinations.

"He will be fine, you can take him out of here, but make sure that he will have some rest." He tells me.

I nod in acknowledgement, before I pick Tareek up, and I carry him out of the room.

Wren holds the door open for me every time that we have to pass one, which makes it a lot easier for me to walk.

We reach the house very quickly, because it's literally only about five minutes from the pack house, which I'm very happy about.

When we walk inside, I go straight to my bedroom, and I put Tareek on the bed, so he can sleep, while I go to the living room to watch some football with my brother.

We never talked much but I guess that it's because there is a big age difference between us.

Well, he's only five years younger, but I guess that there aren't many things that the both of us like.

At least we have football, although I know that Wren doesn't like it as much as I do.