CHAPTER 9

FIRST PERSON POV

Today we woke up early, but Baltimore was still asleep, as expected it was still dark, yesterday we set up an improvised camp among the trees, yesterday the only attack we suffered was when a puma attacked us, but there is nothing that a little dialogue won't solve and The puma left shitting.

Villar: What are we going to eat for breakfast today? May I help you?

Me: Yes, go do a little patrol, I'll take care of breakfast.

Villar: Understood.

I see that my friend is going on a small patrol, so I start to light a small fire to cook something for breakfast, today I will roast some of the meat that I hunted a few days before, yesterday was a quite hectic day and soon Time began to dawn and my friend returned from her patrol.

Me: How was she?

Villar: It went pretty well, I found some enemies, but they were too far from the camp so we're not in danger, I even brought extras.

That's when I see that Villar has rabbits in his hands, I think there are 5 of them.

Me: Did you hunt all of those?

Villar: (Showing his MK-22) With this beauty.

Me: I see. By the way, why do you refer to your gun with feminine pronouns?)

Villar: That? (Thoughtful) Well, that will be for the admiral.

Me: (Why me? (Male version)) What do you mean by that?

Villar: Well, the commander referred to us with feminine pronouns, I guess I acquired his philosophy without realizing it... I guess?

Me: I see... (What? Is it my fault that I was reincarnated as a woman in this world?)

I feel a little sad about my sex in this life, well that doesn't matter now the only thing that matters now is staying alive, surviving and getting a safe place to live... changing the subject I had heard in a canon novel a while ago about the real reason why all kansen are women and not men, that would also explain why I am a woman now, but... What was that explanation?

Me: Shit! I can not remember it! It's been years since I read any novels or anything related to the franchise.

Although I continue playing the game, I already stopped reading the stories since I don't have time and I only skip the story to complete the event in the shortest time possible.

Villar: What's up commander? I see you somewhat distanced.

Me: (Coming back to reality) What? Ah, it's nothing, I'm just planning what we should do.

Villar: I understand, but where should we go? If we don't even know where is where.

Me: (Pointing to Baltimore) That's why we have a local, now at breakfast we'll ask our new friend about directions.

Villar: I see.

Me: Well, breakfast is ready.

I start serving my friend and she happily accepts the breakfast, then I stand up and shake Baltimore awake, she groans a little and opens her eyes and then yawns as she stretches her body before standing up.

Baltimore: Good morning.

Me/Villar: Good morning.

Me: Breakfast is ready, let's eat.

Then we sat on some somewhat flat rocks that would serve as seats and began to eat meat over the campfire and drink water, because there is nothing else to drink.