CHAPTER 21

THIRD PERSON POV

Almirante: Okay girls, we have orders from the commander to make mincemeat of the enemy fleet, but don't kill anyone, orders from above.

Almirante speaks with her serious voice, but excited at the same time.

Bolognesi: Understood, commander.

Admiral: Cuzco! Do the honors! Protect the admiral's bombers.

Cuzco: (Excited laughter) Ok.

Cuzco summons her flight deck which is a runway of blue fire and the planes begin to take off. The Cuzco planes join Grau's formation and both squadrons launch the attack.

Shokaku: What the hell? Why are enemy aircraft increasing? And why are they Zero planes? Has our technology leaked to the enemy?

Shokaku was very surprised to see that the planes that her empire designed and manufactured are against her, but she deploys more planes and Zuikaku on the other hand is frantically searching for her enemies who attack her.

Zuikaku: Where is that aircraft carrier!?

At that moment Admiral's fleet was seen sailing at combat speed 1.

Zuikaku: There you are!

Zuikaku foolishly approaches at full speed, ignoring the advantages of being an aircraft carrier and that's when Admiral's fleet saw the carrier's action.

Cuzco: Hey commander, is that girl right in the head? Is she a newbie? Or is she a fool?

Admiral: I don't know, but we'll take it like a fool. Colonel.

Bolognesi: Ok, commander.

Bolognesi advances to protect Cuzco and Almirante.

Admiral: Ok, she's within firing range. Prepare to fire, load AP shells, coordinated fire!

Almirante's 14 cm guns swiveled to point at Zuikaku and a projectile is fired, the cannonball flying toward its target as it makes a parabola and falls into the sea near Zuikaku.

Admiral: Second save fire.

Another projectile is fired and it also misses, but it is closer to its target and then Almirante smiles because he has already locked onto her target.

Admiral: You are now mine, all the cannons shoot her down!

This time all the cannons fire simultaneously including the 14 cm secondary cannons, multiple projectiles flew towards her target, Zuikaku freezes at what she sees.

Zuikaku: Are you fucking with me!?

BBOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!

Admiral: That's what you get for being brainless and not using your advantage as an aircraft carrier.

Meanwhile from the shadows, Cleveland and the rest arrive to take the wounded to the base, thanks to the fact that Admiral and her fleet are distracting the fifth division so they are going unnoticed.

Hornet, seeing her friend, smiles and Cleveland greets her to attract attention. Grau and the rest are confirming the damage to Hornet's companions.

Cleveland: Hornet! We came to help!

Hornet: (Relieved) What a good time, it became very dangerous, I thought today would be the end of me.

Hornet stumbles from exhaustion, but Cleveland manages to grab her to stabilize her.

Cleveland: This is our chance to retreat, let me take out my ship to take them all to the base.