CHAPTER 47

FIRST PERSON POV

Right now I am in an important meeting with my allies, after the meeting and the collection of a supposed nuclear bomb in the hands of the enemy, this is serious, the enemy practically has a strategic weapon that it could use against us and without us let's realize

Bolognesi: Commander, why have you called us here?

Me: It's a very important thing... Have you ever heard of the Washington project?

Cuzco: Yes, it was an American weapon, right?

Admiral: I had heard rumors that it was a weapon of mass destruction, but nothing more.

Me: The enemy has this type of weapons capable of destroying entire cities with a single salvo, we do not know the exact amount, but it is a great threat to the humanity of this world.

Villar: So what do we do?

At that point I spread a map on the tactical table to be able to explain better.

Me: The battleship called Orochi was detected here 700 km east of the Sakura empire and the nuclear attack occurred 700 km south of Orochi's position... which we can easily intuit that it is not a simple bomb dropped from an airplane, but it is possibly a cruise or ballistic missile and either weapon would be a catastrophic disaster on apocalyptic levels.

Admiral: Excuse me, but I don't understand anything you're talking about. What is a missile to begin with and what are cruise and ballistic?

Me: A missile is a type of rocket that has guidance towards the target, the guidance can be by radar, infrared, laser or GPS, we cannot shoot them down since they travel at supersonic or hypersonic speeds, the only way to intercept them is Using an SM-3 missile or an SM-6 missile which only the United States and Japanese navies possess, the only way to deal with this enemy is to prevent it from firing, once in the air there is no solution.

The girls all look somber.

Bolognesi: Isn't there a way to deal with that?

Me: The only way I see possible is to get ahead of the advance fleet and organize a stealth boarding in the light of the new moon and incapacitate the missile launcher, other than that I can't find any other feasible solution.

The girls nod.

Bolognesi: Then, we will go on an unofficial mission.

Me: Yes, I'll try to convince Wales to do that.

The girls nod at my proposal.

After the small conversation I went to Wales' office to talk about the plan I have designed and the possible weapons and distance that the enemy has. Wales was incredulous at first, but after I explained everything in detail giving hypothetical data about the performance of enemy weapons, Wales could not ignore my report and later she gave me the go-ahead for the infiltration operation.

THIRD PERSON POV A FEW DAYS LATER

The Red Axis fleet sails to catch up with the Orochi fleet, in the Iron Blood fleet, Z1 taunts Eugen.

Z1: Hahahaha, you didn't see that coming, right Eugen?

Eugen: You are very right. Who would have thought that Kaga would choose to act in a very violent way.

Hipper: Are the sirens behind all this?

Z23: Are Akagi and Kaga really with the sirens?

Hipper: It's pretty pathetic how the Sakura empire didn't realize they had a spy inside.