CHAPTER 48

THIRD PERSON POV

Grau's fleet had to go far ahead of the advanced fleet to carry out sabotage activities, because the mission is literally an espionage mission, they were deployed together with a group of Maids from the Royal Maids Corps of the Royal Navy, to increase the Stealth the Dace submarine was designated to the fleet, Grau's group will offer intelligence with the search for the enemy while the Royal Navy spy corps would be in charge of the attack on Orochi by infiltrating inside Orochi and leaving explosive packages in the important parts of Orochi to incapacitate her and make the work of the advance fleet easier.

The planes from Grau and Cuzco fly in formation at their maximum altitude to prevent the enemy from hearing the sounds of their aircraft engines. They sent their unarmed bombers as scouts, using the co-pilot as a lookout to increase the success rate in surveillance.

During the journey that has lasted 3 days so far, in Grau and Villar's free time, the two of them did not miss the opportunity to have their moments of intimacy or talk about the situation of the war or discuss ways to defeat Orochi using the strength they currently have.

Me: (Looking at a tactical map) So far our planes haven't detected anything, I even sent a plane with an external fuel tank to increase its cruising range, but so far nothing.

Villar: According to information from the Wales command, it is known that Orochi is sailing at a speed of 39 knots. (Making traces on the map) Orochi should already be in range of our planes at this time.

Me: As soon as they find them we will attack them in the light of the new moon using the Dace submarine to embark the maids on the enemy ship and Dace will sail parallel to Orochi to be able to rescue the maids once the mission has been completed with success.

Villar nods.

Villar: That would be all for the moment, but until we know the enemy's position we will not be able to do anything and until we manage to incapacitate the enemy we are in radio silence.

Me: I do.

Villar: Commander Izumo, since we have some free time we can have our intimate session.

At that Grau shudders when she sees the predatory eyes of her partner and girlfriend, but then she smiles and caresses her cheek.

Me: her Okay my queen, but don't complain if you end up in wheelchairs.

Meanwhile Bolognesi is playing chess with Sheffield.

Sheffield: Check.

Bolognesi: (Desperately) Again! Shit!

As you should expect Bolognesi is losing by a large margin of error and Sheffield has over 80% of her pieces including her queen while Bolognesi only has a towel, a bishop and her king. As you should know, Sheffield was able to defeat her in 3 moves, but she wanted to play with her and also the spectators would get very bored due to the short duration of the match, so she extended the match as much as she could, but there is a time limit, the match until now it had lasted 15 minutes.

Bolognesi: Damn.

Sheffy: Come on, move your piece to get out of danger.

Bolognesi: Don't make fun of me!

Then she moves her king to get out of danger, then Sheffy smiles and takes out her bishop using her queen.

Bolognesi: Damn! You will pay for that!

Sheffy: Come on, try it.

Edinburg: (Sigh) Even though she pretends it, in her youth she was a three-time champion in three consecutive chess world championships.

Cuzco: Ahhh, no wonder she's placating Bolognesi, I knew from the beginning that she's playing with my friend.

Edinburg: By the way, is your leader good at chess? Could I play with her?

Cuzco: (Awkward laughter) You would be disappointed that she would lose to a rookie or a child, she was never good at this game.

Edinburg: Incredible, I didn't expect that, generally a good leader is very good at playing these types of games.

Cuzco: Even though my commander was never good at playing strategy games, she has a good intention, it is thanks to her intuition that she is able to get us out no matter where we get into. Speaking of which, why are you here? Aren't you bad at these types of activities?

Edinburg: Yes, but we are short staffed.

Cuzco: But don't go wrong, there are rumors that you are very clumsy and that you are capable of tripping in the air.

Edinburg: Hehehehe, well you're right, but it's all an act.

Cuzco: Huh?

Sheffy: My friend Eddy (Edinburg) was the former leader of the Royal Maids Corps, with that I can tell you how professional she is in her work.

Edinburg: (Blushing) Please don't call me by that nickname!

Sheffy: Generally, after 6 years on the job, she presented a letter where she wanted to be reassigned to the reserve fleet and she "discharged", I say that in quotes because she is still in service, but behind the curtains.

Edinburg: (Playing with her fingers) Generally I did it since I wanted to focus on what I like the most which is cooking, however, my younger sister Belfast surpassed me so she made me feel bad, so I asked her majesty to promote her as leader and ask for my discharge, clearly she rejected it and changed it to being in the reserve fleet until further notice so her majesty gave me the freedom to do whatever I wanted within the base for my time of service and for the victories during the first battles against the siren.

Sheffy: So Your Majesty told Eddy that if she failed, she would be returned to active duty.

Edinburgh: Sheffy!

Sheffy: What? I'm just telling the truth.

When Cuzco was going to say something at that moment Sheffy checkmates her and the game is over.

Sheffy: It's over, checkmate.

Bolognesi: DAMN! YARARETAAAAAAA!

Cuzco laughs at the childish action of her friend, but then one of her planes reported enemy movements.

Cuzco: My planes found Orochi!

Everyone was on alert.

TO BE CONTINUE.................................