CHAPTER 44

THIRD PERSON POV

Meanwhile at the Azur Lane base, Ayanami is sleeping and then she wakes up and looks out the window while wondering about her friends from the empire, then she gets dressed and goes out for a little walk, as she walks she runs into a girl in commander's clothing.

Admiral: Ah, it's you.

Ayanami: Who are you?

Admiral: My name is Almirante, Almirante Grau class battleship, but many classify me as a Batlecruiser because of my high speed, it is a pleasure to meet you.

Ayanami: My name is Ayanami, it's a pleasure.

Admiral: Why are you leaving so late? (Sarcastic) Are you running away?

Ayanami: No, I'm just taking a walk, what about you?

Admiral: I'm on guard, I'm on night watch today. Do you have trouble sleeping?

At that Ayanami makes an expression that is difficult to read, but Admiral understands that Ayanami is worried and has many doubts in her head.

Admiral: What's wrong? If you wish, you can count on me to solve your problem.

Ayanami: I don't understand, I really don't understand anything.

Admiral: What don't you understand?

Ayanami: Azur Lane is my enemy. But they are all very kind to me. The fight, the Sakura empire... the more I think about it, the more confused I am. Since the war started I have stopped understanding everything that is happening.

Admiral: In that case, let me ask you a simple question... Do you want to continue fighting against us?

Ayanami: I don't know... but I feel like it's not right to keep fighting between us.

Admiral: Well, in that case your answer is that this fight is incorrect and you do not want to fight against other countries except against the sirens who massacred humanity, is that correct?

Ayanami: Yes.

Admiral: I also think the same as you, I also don't want to fight against you.

Ayanami: Thank you.

Admiral: No, if you have problems, you can come to me to clear your doubts. If you'll excuse me, I must continue working.

Ayanami: Yes.

So Almirante walks away from Ayanami, Ayanami continues walking until she arrives at the place where she met Javelin and her friends.

At that moment, a stuffed unicorn rolls across the grass until it hits Ayanami's leg. Ayanami is surprised to see Yuu-chan, so she picks up the stuffed unicorn, so she looks in the direction the stuffed animal came rolling from and she freezes. notices that there is Javelin, Laffey and Unicorn.

Unicorn: Thank you for finding Yuu-chan that day.

Ayanami: Actually I didn't do anything that time... I was an enemy spy and I was infiltrated in this base...

Laffey: But that's how we got to know each other.

Ayanami: What?

Javelin walks to the edge imitating the first time they met.

Javelin: Wow! How did you find such a good place? You must have skill... My name is Javelin...

Laffey: I'm Laffey.

Unicorn: Unicorn...

Javelin: (Offering her hand to shake) May I know your name?

This time without interruptions, Ayanami presents herself as she should.