CHAPTER 16

FIRST PERSON POV

  Me: Ahh, the tour was very fun.  Thanks Baltimore.

  Baltimore: You're welcome.

  Villar: I didn't expect this base to have such a futuristic design, in our world our bases were something simple, but elegant, here they look like a trip to the moon.

  Baltimore: Don't exaggerate, although it is a good book.  We literally stole all the construction and design technology from the sirens during the wars, with the only difference that instead of black we used happier and more colorful colors.

  Villar: I see, so the sirens build their buildings that way.

  Baltimore: Yes, but as I said before, they use intimidating designs and colors, we have polished that and changed the color.

  Villar became thoughtful, imagining what an enemy base would be like. Although we were in one, the problem was that it was night and we couldn't see anything of the base.

  Baltimore: Here you have the keys to the rooms that belonged to my fleet, since they will not be occupied for a while, you can use it until you are assigned a room of your own, it will be a while before you are enrolled in the Azur ID Lane and be put into service.

  Me: Understood, One more thing, how is the pay?

  Baltimore: The pay is the same as minimum wage, but if you want to earn more, you will have to eliminate enemies, the more enemies you kill, the more they pay you.

  Villar: How do you know who eliminated more than the others?

  Baltimore: That's easy, our mental cubes are practically our record, when you go through the truth cube, there you will see how many enemies you defeated in a single day or in the mission you went on, so it is impossible to deceive us.

  Villar: Ahhh, that explains a lot of things.

  Baltimore: Well, I have to go, there are some letters I have to send, my sisters must be very sad about my disappearance and I don't want them to be worried.

  We nod and I enter my room... or rather, we enter.

  Me: Hey Villar, why did you come in with me?

  Villar: What's wrong with me wanting to spend time with a Kohai?

  Me: But I am the superior officer.

  Villar: Come on, friend, let's spend time together. How many missions have we been on together during that war that never escalated?  Although thinking about it... your personality is different...

  Me: Different?  In what?

  Villar: When we were in our world... you always cursed yourself for your cruel destiny and you spoke to me with a voice as cold as the arctic, you always said that you wanted to end your suffering, but now... I see a very different Grau, positive, assertive, cheerful and very skilled... you are... you are like the commander...

  Just then she approaches me and I involuntarily retreat while she blushes.

  Me: What's wrong?

  Villar: (giggles) Ohohoho, wow, wow, wow... I didn't expect that.

  Me: (Doubts) Wait what?

  Villar: Are you the admiral?  ~Right?~

  Me: (Stuttering) No... I don't know anything about what you're talking about, friend, I'm Admiral Grau, so...

  At that she silences me by putting her finger on my lips.

  Villar: Don't worry, I won't say anything, you're the admiral, I was surprised to discover that you're the admiral... but... How did this happen?  How come you became the flagship of our navy?