Chapter 65

"Ladies and gentlemen, today we gather to deliver a verdict in the case of Ms. Vivienne Collins. Throughout these proceedings, it has become apparent that she suffers from a diagnosed psychological disorder. As the court has thoroughly examined the evidence presented, including expert testimony and psychiatric evaluations, it is evident that Ms. Collins was not in full control of her actions at the time of the offense. While the court acknowledges the severity of the crime committed, it is imperative to consider the circumstances surrounding the defendant's mental state. Our legal system aims to balance accountability with compassion, especially when addressing individuals with mental health conditions. Therefore, in light of Ms. Collins' diagnosed psychological disorder and its impact on her actions, the court finds it appropriate to order a treatment plan tailored to address her specific mental health needs. This plan will be overseen by qualified professionals in a secure facility to ensure the safety of both the defendant and the community..."

"No..."

"...Furthermore, it is crucial that Ms. Collins receives ongoing support and supervision to aid in her rehabilitation and reintegration into society. The court will also impose restrictions to mitigate any potential risks posed by her condition. While this verdict acknowledges the gravity of the offense, it also recognizes the importance of addressing the underlying factors contributing to it. Let it be known that the court's decision is guided by principles of justice, fairness, and the well-being of all involved parties. This court hereby orders Ms. Collins to undergo treatment as outlined by the appointed mental health professionals. Additionally, she will be subject to regular review hearings to assess her progress and determine any necessary adjustments to the treatment plan. May this verdict serve as a step towards healing, rehabilitation, and ultimately, the restoration of Ms. Collins and the community affected by these events. Court is adjourned."

"This can't be happening..."

Nanlulumo at binalot ng matinding takot si Vivienne nang marinig ang hatol ni Judge Lopez. Mabilis itong napatingin sa kanyang attorney at hinila ito sa may kwelyo.

"This is unacceptable! Take action now! I refuse to go to that place under any circumstances! I absolutely will not!" histerikal na saad ng dalaga.

"Ms. Collins, you need to calm down yourself," mahinahong awat ng abogado.

"Calm down? You're telling me to calm down myself?" pag-uulit at sarkastikong tanong ni Vivienne saka napapalatak. "How could I calm myself when I'll be sending to hell, huh? Tell me! How?" Dagdag nito habang nanlalaki ang mga mata sa labis na pagkasiphayo.

"Tox, are you sure about this?" nag-aalalang tanong ni Sax nang makita ang nagwawalang reaksyon ni Vivienne. "Why are you allowing her to escape the consequences of her actions? Have you conveniently forgotten what that psychopath did to Anna and our niece?"

"I refuse to let her escape accountability for her actions, especially considering what she did to Anna. That's precisely why I'm ensuring she receives the fullest extent of punishment possible."

Napakunot ng kanyang noo si Sax. "Best punishment? How can this be a best punishment for her?"

Hindi umimik si Tox at pinagmasdan lamang ang samu't saring emosyon na lumalamon kay Vivienne nang sandaling iyon.

"Hey, Tox! Answer me."

Hindi pinansin ni Tox ang pangungulit ng kanyang kakambal at nakatuon lamang ang kanyang tingin kay Vivienne na patuloy na nagwawala at kinukuyog ang kanyang abogado.

"Do something, you imbecile! Your job isn't to just sit around while I end up in a mental hospital! Get moving!" histerikal na pagwawala ni Vivienne habang kinukwelyuhan ang kanyang attorney.