Chapter 3- It Hurts With Every Heartbeat

Chapter 3

Cheryl's POV:

The night of Kimberley's dinner party I was feeling so sad. I wanted to forget these feelings, I just wanted to love her like a friend again. I got home that night, chucked my keys on the table, took me jacket off and sat on the sofa starng into space. Then I saw a photo frame that had a picture of me and Kimberley in, she was hugging me with the biggest smile ever, and I was smiling. Smiling, heh, I forgot what a smile was the amount of crying I had been doing. I stared at it for ages, playing I'll Stand By You in my head, repeating when Kimberley says 'come on and talk to me now' and that was it. The tears were streaming down my face, my heart was aching. I wanted it to stop. I felt so alone, I couldn't deal with this pain anymore. I was gonna do it, I was gonna tell Kimberley!

***

I woke up the next morning with 26 missed calls from Kimberley. Did Nicola tell her that I loved her? I rung her as quick as possible.

"Hiya" I said nervously, scared of what to expect.

"Hi" Kimberley said back tearfully.

"Babe what's up?"

"Me and Justin, we broke up."

"Aw, do you wanna come round mine?"

"Can I stay for the night maybe? My house smells of him I can't stand it!" crying her eyes out.

Before thinking I said yes. What was I doing. That night Kimberley came round crying her eyes out, she laid down on the sofa, and I sat near the edge, she moved her head onto my lap, and I started stroking her hair. My brain was telling me to stop, but my heart said go for it.

"Kimba babe"

"Yes?" Kimberley sobbed, sitting up. I panicked I was gonna tell her, this was it, I was gonna do it!

"You'll get through this babe!" ARGH I was screaming in my head, why was I such a chicekn. But then again, should I really take advantage of someone who had just split from their boyfriend? I could feel my heart thumping. Every heartbeat was a reminder, my heart beated only for her, she was the one I wanted. Kimberley was in tears, if I was Justin, I wouldn't have let her go, I'd make her happy, and make her feel content, I'd hold her in my arms all the time.

"Cheryl?" Kimba said really quitely.

"Yeah?"

"Cant I sleep in with you tonight? You give great hugs, I wanna snuggle with you, and read my head on your shoulders!" Kimberley said to me. My heart was thumping.

My eyes opened, Kimberley was asleep on my lap, I must off fallen asleep aswell. I dreamt te conversation. Why? Why couldn't it be real?

"NOOO!!!" I screamed. Kimberley jumped out her skin.

"What's up?" she said wearily,

"Oh I realised the time, she should go to bed, wanna sleep in with me?"

"Yes please"

***

I woke up the next morning, I could hear the radio, I looked where Kimberley was laying that night and she wasn't there. I went downstairs and saw her curled up on the sofa.

"Want a cuppa babe?" I asked her, there was no answer. I made her one anyway, I slipped it into her hands, and she just put it onto the coffee table next to mine. She let out a teary thank you. Her hands were freezing, so I turnt round holding her hands, rubbing them to warm them up.

"Chez?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you something?" she said so quietly, she sounded scared aswell. Tears streaming down her face. She let out a little sigh.

"Of course you can."

"Have you ever felt attracted... to.. well, to a woman?" She wasn't as quiet as before, but her voice was trembling.

"Um,.. err" I was stuttering. "Why?"

"Because I am." Kimberley said in an ashamed voice. I was shocked, she was going through the same thing as me!! Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis came on the radio, and Kimberley started crying and so did I.

"Kimberley I love you! I love you!" I let it all out, crying even more. It went silent. The silence was too loud. "Say something? Anything?"

"Cheryl... after last night..." leaning closer to me, "I got tingles, I'm attracted to you Cheryl."

I leaned forward aswell, and we kissed. It was so surreal, I felt eupohric, we kissed again. Then wiped away each other's tears, and kissed passionately again. My dream was happening! It was really happening! She started kissing me back, she was smiling.

"How long have you loved me for?"

I replied with "Too long." kissing and hugging her, she was smiling, I was so happy, my nightmare was over! Well I thought it was.