Chapter 50

Kimberley's POV:

I pull some pieces of clothing out of my wardrobe. I look over my shoulder to see Cheryl sleeping peacefully covering her bump with one hand. A tide of guilt came crashing over me, I would be leaving literally everything behind. But it was for the best. That's the only way I could think right now. My hands shook as I took some more clothes. I slowly and carefully pulled the suitcase out trying not to disturb Cheryl. As I pulled it out it got stuck and I had to pull harder. I yanked it out and I knocked the clock of the bedside table causing it to have a big crash.

Shit.

I looked over to Cheryl who stirred slightly and murmed something in her sleep. Luckily, she didn't wake up. She took full advantage of the bed space and sprawled herself out into a starfish shape across the bed. I was gonna miss her..but again, it was for the best.

I stood up slowly making sure I wouldn't get lightheaded flop backwards. It was dark so I had to be extra careful of my surroundings as I walked out the room.

I rushed over to the door, hurrying because I didn't want her to wake up. Because of my hurrying I pulled the door open too quick. The blinding bright light shone through the room, illuminating everything in it's path. Bringing things to life, and waking Cheryl up.

Shittttt

"Kimba?" She mumbled sleepily, rubbing her eyes while sitting up.

"Wha, what are you doing?" Then her eyes travel down to the suitcase and she immediatley shoots up.

"Why do you have a suitcase?"

"I urm..err..." I stuttered.

"You're leaving aren't you?"

I gulped.

"You're leaving?!" Her voice becomes raised.

I didn't know what to say.

"Why?! You're gonna leave your wife and two unborn babies?!" She shouted while stepping closer to me.

"It's for the best.."

"For the best?! Abandoning us! Oh yeah fucking smart idea Kim!"

"Stop shouting... its not good for the babies!" I sighed tears welling up in my eyes.

"Don't shout?! Don't fucking shout

Oh I'm sorry were you hoping I was gonna be calm and rational about this? It doesn't work like that!"

"As I said it was for the best!"

"How is it?!"

"Because everything"

"What am I not good enough Kimberley? Do you not like the idea of commitment? Waking up early hours of the morning to feed the babies?" Is it my fault?!"

"I never said it's your fault Cheryl!" I cried

"Then why? Were you just gonna walk out? Where you even gonna leave a note?"

"Of course I was."

"Oh yeah saying what? Some pathetic excuse?"

"I.." I looked to the floor. I promised her nothing else was wrong.

"Exactly! You can't even fucking look at me."

"Cause I fucking promised you Cheryl!" I shouted for the first time.

"Promised me what?"

"That nothing else was wrong"

"Why did you promise me..if something is wrong?"