Chapter 53

Chapter 53

Cheryl's POV:

I woke up at 6am. It was still dark and Kimberley was in a deep sleep, a smile plastered across her face telling me she was dreaming something good. You know when you wanna know what some people are thinking. Or what they're dreaming. This is one of those moments. Kimberley seems to have a lot of good dreams, whenever I wake during the night, she's either smiling a little or just seems so content. I look at her gorgeous face a while longer, stroking her hair softly so I didn't wake her up. After about an hour of contently looking at my beautiful wife I get up out of bed and make my way downstairs for a cuppa.

I sit down cupping the warm mug in my hands and get out a photo album of me and Kimberley. I look back from the beginning to the most recent. A pictute of our first date, the first time we kissed, the most memorable moments. I get up to the most recent picture and it's me and Kimberley on a photo shoot. Kimberley's stood behind me with her arms wrapped around my front. cupping my bump. I'm looking to.my side to face her, with a huge grin across my face. It's funny how you look back at photos and remember everything you felt on that day. How they take you right back, the feelings you had within you, the smells, the taste, everything. Soon we'll be able.to fill the album with pictures of us and the babies. Our whole future will fill the album and we can always look back whenever things get rocky, just remember the old days.

Turning my attention to the clock, I realise I've been looking through the album for just over an hour. Then I realise Kimberley would probably be up awake soon.

As if she read my mind I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. I stand up and put my mug in the sink as Kimberley walks into the kitchen. She smiles at me and walks over to me. I wrap my arms around her and hug her, inhaling her natural scent. We break apart and I kiss the tip of her nose then her gorgeous plump lips.

"Hmm goodmorning" Kimberley smiles sleepily as we lean our forheads together.

"Goodmorning."

"Want a cuppa Chez?"

"Just finished one but could do with another babe" I winked back.

I got out some cereal for us both and prepared it while Kimberley made us both a cup of tea.

"How long you been awake?" Kimberley asks as we sit down and start eating breakfast.

"Since 6, the babies were kicking us again"

"Bless ya. We should start on the nursery soon babe, only a month and a half left til the little ones come."

"Very true" I chuckled. "It's gone so fast!"

"Everything with us seems to go fast. Like how is it nearly 2 years since we got married babe? You're ageing me!" Kimberley laughed sweetly.

"I literally have no idea! But it's perfect." I say taking hold of Kimberley's hand and looking deep into her blue eyes.

"It really is. I love you Chez"

"I love you too Kimba."

"So when shall we do the nursery?"

"Hows bout today?"

"Sounds good to me, we should get the girls to come help."

"Yeah cause the heaviness of me bump isn't gonna make things any faster." I giggled.

***

About 2 hours later Sarah, Nadine and Nicola came round to help us with the nursery.

I got some trackies and vest top on so it wouldn't bother me much about getting paint or wallpaper paste on me.

While no one was around I took a quick selfie and uploaded it to Instagram.

"Time to do the nursery, bring it on!"

within minutes I had thousands of likes and countless comments on how excited everyone was for the babies to come. Seeing the support me and Kimba had gave me such an overwhelming feeling inside me. It made me realise how far we have come as a couple, and all the years we have to follow after. The support we'd recieved is incredible, considering how daunting it is to come out to the public, especially because of the industry we're in. But I don't see why it'd matter anyway, why can't two people be in love, regardless of your gender. Love is love, you can't help who you fall in love with. There's no reason to lable people to be honest.

***

The girls are here now and we're having a quick cuppa before we start.

"So who's putting the two cribs and the changing table together?" Kimberley asks

"Sarah can, she's butcher than us. Plus Chez can't anyway." Nicola says

"Oi ginge!" Sarah says back

"She's right babe, you have a masculine side to you sometimes." Nadine whispers huskily to her, not quiet enough though because we all hear it. It causes Nicola to spit her tea out and evolve into fits of laughter.

"Right well Sarah can do the cribs, Nicola fancy wallpapering the feature wall?" I say

"Yeah sure"

"Great,I'll paint and do the cuddly toys and Nadine and Kimba you two can do shelves or whatever."

"Sounds good to me babe" Kimberley says back while giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"Lets get to work then bitchesss!" Sarah woops and claps her hands loudly together.

"No Sarah, we aren't your bitches... that's just Nadine." Kimberley laughs.

Nadine's cheeks turn a deep shade of crimson as me and Nicola high five Kimberley.

***

It's 6:30pm and we've finally finished the nursery. It looks amazing. The walls are baby pink and the feature wall has wallpaper on, patterned with little yellow birds everywhere. The cribs are each on the other side of the room and above them they have each have the name of the baby it belongs to. On the left is Calliegh's and on the right is Elise's. The cribs are a gorgeous cream colour with pink covers inside. Cuddly toys surround the bottom and a mobile hangs above from both. Stars and moons circle round to a calming melody when they're turnt on. In the middle is a shelf with random cute stuff me and Kimberley had found. The blinds on the window are white and above them is another shelf with more cuddly toys on. The changing table is also white and is a few steps away from the door, filled with enough nappies and wetwipes and everything else needed, to lasrt long enough. In the right bottom corner is a soft comfy chair the slowly rocks back and forth to get the babies to sleep if they've been crying. A few wall ornaments placed here and there to make it look less plain. Finally, on the ceiling there are glow in the dark ceiling stickers, also shaped like moons and stars and some like teddy bears.

We admire our handywork for a little while longer. While I look around I think about all the memories to come that will come in this room. The first nappy change, the first midnight feed, the first screaming baby we'll have to get back to sleep. A huge smile appears on all of our faces. I walk over to Kimberley and she puts one arm around me pulling me closer to her. I lean my head on her shoulder and she gives my forehead a kiss.

A content sigh escapes my mouth while all continue to look at our work.

"Well I parched, go stick the kettle on Chezza!".Sarah pokes her tongue out to me.

"Alright then, lets go" I smile, walking out hand in hand with Kimberley and one hand rubbing my bump.

It's all gonna be so perfect.

I hope.