Chapter 33

ommenCChapter 33

Kimberley's POV:

The doctor took a breathe in. Cheryl's eyes went wider than ever. My heart pounded against my chest. My mind spinning. Waiting to hear Nicola's fate.

"Nicola's brain tumour...is half way through development. It is quite big. Removing it through several operations is optional. However, there is a 70% chance of it being unsuccessful. If we were to remove it, then it wouldn't ever come back again. Its down to the parents to decide whether she should have the operation or not.". His eyes were full of sorrow. The words hit me like a tonne of bricks.

"So..if we weren't to go through with the operation, how much time?" Cheryl whispered

"As in how much time would she have left?" The doctors questioned.

"Yes"

I tried to block it all out. Tried and failed.

"2-3 months. Tops" he spoke slowly, not wanting to say it.

I covered my mouth with my hand. My breathing increasing as I let the sobs escape.

"When you say there's a 70% chance of the op being unsuccessful...do you mean, its a 70% chance of her dying, or that the tumour will go?" Debbie asked.

"Basically, if we went through with the op, there's a 70% chance of the tumour going, but there is a 35% chance of Nicola not making it. There are a lot of risks with the operation."

I took a deep breath in, closing my eyes. Just zoning out so I could take everything in.

"If we went through with the operation...we would need to do it soon. If we leave it 4 more days at the minimum, then she won't make it. The internal infection can be sorted with blood transfusions, there's nothing to worry about there. Its just the tumour. So we would need a decision whether you want her to have the op or not"

I waited. Waited for Debbie to decide.

"Do it" she whispered

"Okay, we will bring the forms up in a bit, we can fit her in for the first operation tomorrow."

"Thank you" we all said at the same time.

Me, Cheryl and Debbie walked into her room again. Charlie couldn't get out of work, he was distraught. He was in no fit state to work. Nadine and Sarah had flights to LA that they had booked for ages so it was just us.

After a while of sitting in silence, we began reminiscing over the funny times we've had with Nicola.

"Oh my God! No this is the best. Right, when Girls Aloud first began, obviously me and Nicola shared an apartment, and we were sat there for about 3 days in the freezing cold, with our coats on and everything. We thought the heating had broke, we done anything to keep warm! Anyways, the marking director came over and wondered why we were sat in the freezing cold. So we were like 'oh well the heating broke'. He walks over to the dial and says 'you just have to turn the dial'. It was the funniest thing EVER!" Cheryl laughed. We were all in fits of giggles, no matter how many times we heard that story, we would always end up in absolute hysterics.

"How about that time in 2002 when we were being interviewed by FHM. The interviewer asked if one of us was bi-curious, bless little Nicola, she had no idea what they meant. She just kept saying 'what does that mean?' bless her heart" I said, and we all began laughing again. Just talking about the funny things she done or the memories we've shared over the years as Girls Aloud.

***

2 hours later Nicola finally awoke. Looking around the room confused, a frown across her face.

"What the hell am I doing here?" she said groggily

"Me and Cheryl found you at your house, out of it...about 2 days ago, we rushed you in" I said

"What's wrong with us?"

"You have a brain tumour...and an internal infection" Debbie added.

We explained everything to her. She was gobsmacked she didn't know what to say. She was speechless for about 10 minutes.

"Will I  be ok?" she asked breaking the silence.

"You'll be fine darling" her mum said, sat on the bed tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

***

It was the day of the operation and we were all feeling really anxious, but relieved that it would all hopefully be sorted.

The doctors were putting her to sleep an hour before the operation, so the medication could set in.

They began wheeling her down to the operating theatre. My eyes brimming with tears, hoping everything would be ok and that there wouldn't be any complications during the procedure.

"Good luck" I heard Cheryl whisper. I looked round at her, pulling her into a hug as I could see she wanted to cry. Pulling her closer to my chest as I comforted her. We walked to the waiting room.

4 hours later, and the doctor finally appeared from the operating theatre, walking towards us. We jumped up, awaiting the news.

"So?" Cheryl asked.

_____________________________________________________________________________

I'm so sorry it's short, I haven't had much time to update this chapter, and I know how much you all wanted an update, so I thought I would write as much as I could.

Thank you for reading this chapter, I hope you enjoyed it.

Votes and comments as always are appreciated<3 xo thankyou