Chapter 17-On The Road

Chapter 17

Kimberley's POV:

It was the day before opening night on tour, we were already in Newcastle and we went round to Cheryl's mum's house then went to see her dad at his.

When we got to her dads her brother was there aswell. I needed to speak to her dad about something so I asked him if we could speak in private.

"What's up Kimberley?" He said to me smiling

"I need to ask you something"

"Go ahead"

"Well... Is it ok with you..if I..er, well, if I ask Cheryl to..marry me. I love her so much and I wanna spend the rest of my life with her, I've never been so happy before and I intend to make her the happiest she can be. She's my life, my everything." I was so scared of what her dad what say..but I wanted to marry Cheryl, she's the best thing that's ever happened to me.

He went silent for a little bit.

"Wow... Of course you can! I've never seen our Cheryl so happy before, just promise me one thing" he said

"Sure anything!"

"Promise me, you'll never break her heart."

"I promise!". He walked over to me and hugged me. I couldn't believe it..I was gonna ask Cheryl to marry me!! My heart was racing!

We walked back into the living room and Cheryl was sat with her brother laughing at something. I sat down next to Cheryl and she put her arm round me.

"What were you two talking about?"

"Nothing you need to worry about" I smiled to her dad and he smiled back to me. From then on we were just talking about the tour and how excited we were.

It was 7pm so we had to head to the hotel where all the girls and dancers were waiting, we were gonna a little celebration before the tour started. But we were told we can't get too drunk or our hangovers will come on tour with us. It waa fine by me and Cheryl because we wanted to have an early night, we celebrated with everyone for a bit and then about 10pm we went up to bed.

***

We woke up the next morning at 7am, we headed to the the Metro Radio Arena to get our hair and make up done and to do a soundcheck. We heard there were fans that had started camping before we even got there, it was mindblowing to hear that fans do that just for us!

Cheryl was getting her make up done while I was getting my hair done. We were both going through twitter and saw so many people 'fangirling/fanboying' and saying how they expect a lot of Chim moments tonight. Nadine started getting her hair done aswell and we were talking about our intro and that she was scared. I think we all were scared about it, how could anyone not be. Being lowered from so high up on a 'Girls Aloud' thingy.

It was time for the soundcheck and by this point we were all buzzing because it was getting more and more real that we were going on tour again. As soon as the music started the adrenaline was pumping, we couldn't wait to be doing it in front of our fans again.

It was 5 minutes before we went on stage so we sent a tweet to the GA twitter account. We were warming up our vocals. We got onto our intro prop and started to be lowered so we were directly above the stage. Sound Of The Underground started playing, the fans were going crazy, screaming, screaming our names. The andrenaline was pumping full flow.

It was time to perform our hit "The Show" we came back up to the stage and down the catwalk in our own style wings and blew kisses to the audience.

It was time to do our cover of Call Me Maybe,as I was singing my line on the catwalk, Cheryl came down and smacked my ass and the fans went crazy, screaming and shouting Chim. I blushed like mad.

***

We were back in the hotel, the show had finished and we were doing another night in Newcastle. We were so hyped up we couldn't sleep, even though it w gone midnight and needed to be up for the show the next day. Me and Cheryl decided we should try and sleep. We laid down in bed snuggled with each other. I rested my head on hers as she rested hers on my shoulder. I knew she had already fallen asleep because the way she was breathing and her eyelids doing little flutters. I kissed her head and let out a little content sigh. I layed there wondering how I got so lucky

***

We had done several shows by now, we were onto the London dates. London was always the big one, where other celebs come to see you, the critics, the film crew. We had the DVD being filmed on the 2nd March and Cheryl was ill. She still. Done the show an she was brilliant. My ass though, the amountof cheeky smacks it'd got was shocking, but luckily it didn't hurt. We had spent a few nights on the tour bus by now, it was really nice got to spend a lot of time with the dancers and get to know them more. We spent so much time together but it felt incredible. Being on the road again was one of the best feelings ever.

***

It was the night before closing night in Liverpool. We were all feeling a bit down about it being the last show the next day, what everyone calls "tour depression". But then I realised... My surprisfor Cheryl was tomorrow!

Cheryl's POV:

Me and Kimberley had seperate beds, which I didn't really like. I hated being apart from her, not having her in me arms and kissing her goodnight,running each others fingers across our arms and falling asleep while hugging.

It was the night before our closing night. I kept waking up looking for Kimberley to see she wasn't there next to me, her bed was nearly at the other end of the tour bus. I couldn't get myself back to sleep, I fel lonely and wanted her to be in my arms. I got out my bed and walked silently down to her bed. I climbed in trying not to disturb her or everyone else. I had finally got in and laid down next to her, her back was facing me, I put my arm round her and she turnt round and hugged me too.

"Oh sorry babe, did I wake ya?" I whispered.

"Nah you didn't, I couldn't sleep."

"Nor could I..hate not sharing a bed with you." I pouted my bottom lip out a little bit.

"Well, its the last night on the bus so we can climb back into bed together after" she smiled. She hugged me tighter and we both fell asleep shortly after.

***

We got to the arena for our closing night. We were sad but so happy at the same time!

We'd just finished singing I'll Stand By You we were all very emotional, I'd usually do a short speech but Kimberley wanted to do one tonight.

"I just wanna say on behalf of us 5, thank you for all the incredible support over the 10 years, we wouldn't have got this far without you all! We. Love you all so much!" Tears were in her eyes. She walked over to me "before we do the next song I wanna say something to Cheryl." The fans were going wild, my heart was thumping. "Cheryl, I love you so much, I can't believe how far we have come, I'm so lucky and privaliged to have you in my life. And so, I was wondering.." She pulled out a gorgeous diamond ring. My legs felt like jelly. "Would you marry me?" The fans were screaming, everyone on stage were squealing. My heart was racing. Tears filled my eyes.

"Yes! I'll marry you!" I ran up to her swinging my arms round her kissing her an hugging her. All the fans looked like they were crying, but still sscreaming! Kimberley put the ring on me. I couldn't hold back the tears, I felt euphoric!

We took our places and sung "The Promise" as we finished we were lowered beneath the stage. We'd finished the tour, I was crying happy tears because of what had just happened and sad tears because the tour was over. But I was able to start my future. I was gonna marry Kimberley and spend my life with her! There's no better feeling than that!