Chapter 65

Cheryl's POV

Today was the the day. And it was safe to say that anxiety filled the house. Elise's operation was a mere few hours away. We knew this day was coming, but none of us anticipated how nerve racking it was going to be.

Last night I felt so relaxed in the bath with Kimberley, it felt like I had nothing to worry about, and that everything was going to be ok. Now it was the opposite, I've never been so scared or worried. Although Elise is in good hands, there's still that risk. And I could definitely tell Kimba was feeling the anxiety as well.

Thankfully mam was still down, so while me and Kim go up to the hospital, she's looking after Calleigh.  Mam's just as nervous as us, it's clear in her eyes and her body language.

All we could so was think positive. Which isn't exactly easy when your new born baby is about to go through a very important and risky operation.

I was constantly picking at my breakfast, not really wanting to eat it. It felt as if that if anything reached my stomach it would come right back up. It looked as though Kimberley was feeling the same. She had barely touched her food.

I stood up and took our bowls to the sink after emptying the contents into the bin.

I reached my hand out for Kimberley to take, which she happily did. My back rested again the counter as I pulled her closer to me, gently engulfing her into a tight hug. Her arms wrapped around my body as she held me tighter.

"I love you Chez." she whispered against my shoulder.

"I love you too baby."

"I'm so scared." Kimberley muttered

"I know, so am I."

We pulled apart from the hug, but I took Kimberley's face into my hands and softly stroked her cheek with my thumb.

"But no matter the outcome, we will get through it together as a family." I said before moving in for a kiss. A kiss that held thousands of emotions that came bursting to life just like that.

***

We'd just arrived at the hospital and were making our way to the unit Elise was on. I took hold of Kimberley's hand as we made our way through the hospital corridors.

We went to the reception and they told us to wait in the seated area for Elise's consultant.

I sat down and took out my phone and took to twitter

"Keep Elise in your prayers today please. It's the day of her operation x"

I quickly signed out then switched my phone off and leaned my head against Kimberley's shoulder. I felt her head lean onto mine. We both sat in a comfortable silence, all that could be heard was our quiet breathing.

A few seonds later Elise's consultant came through the doors, greeting us with a warm smile, he shook our hands and sat down.

"Good morning, we have decided that we will go through with the operation with opern surgery. We firstly was going to go through it with keyhole surgery, but the hernia is bigger than we had anticipated. It is repairable of course, and she is in very safe hands, of course there are still risks but we needn't worry about them. We just need you both to sign these papers, then we can take you through to see Elise before we take her down for the operation."

He handed us some papers which me and Kimberley happily signed. He stood up and told us to follow him, which we did.

My palms began to get clammy as my nerves increased. I silently prayed to God that he would keep our baby girl safe.

________

      Heyheyhey,

so this is just a filler chapter, not much in it ofc. Havent' updated in ageessss because I've had so mny exams. But after Friday I will be exam free yay. Meaning updates will hopeflly be more frequent. Thanks for being pantient x