Chapter 16- Acceptance

Chapter 16

Cheryl's POV:

I could tell that the fact Kimberley's mum not accepting our relationship was putting a strain on her. They used to be so close, and now they're drifting, and I felt like it was my fault. No matter how much Kimberley told me it wasn't my fault I wouldn't believe her. If I hadn't of fallen in love with her then we wouldn't be in this problem, Kimberley and her mum would still be tight.

"Babe...d'you blame me?" I said to Kimberley.

"Of course not, you can't help who you fall in love with. It's my mum's problem for not accepting it" she said stroking my hair.

"I just feel like it is my fault, I know you've said it isn't but I feel as if it is..if I didn't fall in love with you then you and you're mam would still be talking" My eyes started watering

"Babe don't cry! It's NOT your fault ok.. you haven't done anything wrong, she just needs to learn that I'm happy, happier than I've ever been before! And if she doesn't like that then what kind of mum is she eh? C'mere!" She pulled me in for a hug, putting my head into her chest and kissing my head while stroking my hair. I still wished there was something I could do to make her mam accept us as a couple.

***

We were in rehearsals and doing the dance routine to Something Kinda Oooh and I looked over at Kimbeley, she didn't seem herself, not even when we got in the car to go to the studios. I started getting worried about her, she didn't even give me a full smile when I looked at her, it was weak and small. I hated seeing her upset because it always upset me aswell... I should be making her happy.

When we took a break me and Kimberley sat on the bench. I put my hand on her thigh and leaned into me, she sniffled a little bit, I got her to look up and she started crying.

"Babe! What's wrong? Tell me, I hate seeing you upset!" I said to her stroking her cheek.

"Mum...she sent me a text this morning." she sniffled

"Saying what?"

She hesitated, she couldn't tell me so she passed me her phone and showed me the text. It said:

"I don't care how happy you are..being with a girl isn't right! Don't bother contacting me anymore unless you've broken up with the slut, don't want anything to do with you OR her!"

Tears filled my eyes, the fact that someone could write that to their own daughter disgusted me. Because of her my girlfriend was heartbroken and in tears, I couldn't bare it. I just hugged her stroking her until she calmed down.

"I'll talk to her babe"

"She wont talk to you Cheryl...she'll ignore the phonecalls."

"I'll call her on an unknown number"

***

We got home around 6pm and Kimberley sat on the arm chair and put the TV on. I picked up the housephone and rung her mum.

"Hello, who's this?" She said

"Cher-" she cut me off

"I'm not talking to you!"

"Please! Just hear me out!"

"You've got 5 minutes" she snapped

"Look, I know you don't approve of me and Kimberley being in a relationship.. But I'm the one that fell in love with her first. But I can promise you, I'm never gonna upset your daughter, I'm gonna keep her happy, I've never seen her so happy before, I intend to make her the luckiest girl ever. I'm not gonna let anything hurt her, I love your daughter more than anyone could ever imagine, I worship her, I honour her and I can't live without her. You don't have to approve of me, but please, approve of your daughter, seeing her cry breaks me heart. You don't have to approve of the relationship either, but accept the fact that she's happy. Please."