Chapter 66

Haven't updated this fic in foreveerrrr. The reasons behind it is 1) I rarely get feedback so I don't even know if people are reading or enjoying.

2) I've been debating on how this chapter should go, obviously not gonna give it away, but the decision I've chosen for this chapter is because I have more ideas for what's to come after.

3) I couldn't be bothered to write half the time and just read fanfics instead.

But anyway, yay a new chapter.

Kimberley's POV:

We sat for hours and hours. Just waiting. Waiting for any sort of news. We went to get coffee or tea every now and then but that was it. The majority of the time was filled with me and Cheryl holding hands and talking to each other to try take our minds off things. Fair enough it wouldn't fully, but we both needed to relax, stressing out wouldn't help either of us.

"Kimba?"

"Yeah?"

"What if... you know, what if the worst happens?" her voice shook.

"Umm, we do our best to get through it and make sure that she'll always be remembered. Let's not think about it like that though babe."

"But we can't expect everything to go perfectly when there's still that risk."

"I know Chez, but stressing out isn't gonna help either of us. I guess we'll have to cross that bridge if it comes to it." I rubbed her hand softly to assure her.

Fair enough we were both scared of the worst, but I couldn't let that take over my thoughts, I had to have an open mind about it.

Cheryl let out a sigh before leaning her head softly on my shoulder. I lifted one hand to stroke her hair knowing it was a comfort for her, and gently kissed her head every now and then.

This operation was taking longer than what we had thought it would, making us more anxious about what was to come.

"Do you want some coffee babe?" I asked Cheryl, needing a way to kill time.

"Yes please." She smiled at me.

"Ok, I'll be as quick as I can."

I leaned in and kissed Cheryl before standing up and heading down to the cafeteria to get our coffees.

As I walked down I thought I'd quickly text Joan to see how Calleigh was doing as we hadn't really seen her for most of the day.

"Hi Joan, it's Kimberley, just wondering how Calleigh is doing?x"

About a minute or so later she had replied.

"Hiya pet, Calleigh is doing just fine, she's drunk all her milk and is having a nap right now. Heard any news yet on Elise?x"

"Nope nothing yet, just a waiting game. It's taking longer than expected though but hopefully she'll come back all healthy. X"

"Okay, well let me know how it goes when you finally hear some news x"

I pocketed my phone and collected mine and Cheryl's coffees and walked back up to the waiting room where Cheryl was sat.

"Here you go babe." I handed Cheryl her coffee and sat back down next to her.

"Thank you." she gave me a dimpled smile.

I watched her take a sip of her piping hot coffee. Her eyes scrunched shut and her eyebrows furrowed together, she let out a little wince before fanning herself.

"Shit that's hot!"

"Well, it was freshly made." I laughed.

"It's not funny, it hurt." She done her best puppy dog eyes complete with that signature pout.

"Aw babe." I giggled and kissed her pout to cheer her up.

"Better?" I asked.

"Aye I guess." she said in a stroppy mood which was followed by a smirk.

"Aw I can't stay mad I love you too much." She said again then leaned her head back onto my shoulder cuddling into me.

She went to take another sip of coffee,

"Um, blow it before you take another sip." I chuckled

"Ha. Ha. Very funny." She said back sarcastically.

"You love it." I smirked

"No I love you."

"Good, you better cause I love you too."

We carried on with our soppy mood until we were interrupted by Elise's nurse walking towards us.

"Mrs and Mrs Tweedy-Walsh?"

"Yes that's us. How did it go?"