Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Cheryl's POV:

"What? No, please no!" I screamed

"This can't be happening" Kimberley sobbed.

"I'm sorry.. she has a tumour on the brain... we're unaware of how long it has been there for. She also has an internal infection, her white blood cells are attacking the antibodies which they shouldn't be doing. She's going to need blood transfusions and operations to get rid of the tumour. It's just, we don't actually know how long she's had the tumour for, and how developed it is. If it is too far developed then I'm afraid there wont be anything we can do." The nurse spoke up.

"When can you find out...how developed, it is?" Kimberley gulped, I had my head on her shoulder, sobbing quietly but wanting to stay strong for Nicola. I knew I had to. What would I do if I lost Nicola...she was like me little sister I never had. She was me best friend, she was the one I confined in about my feelings towards Kimberley. How could I cope without her?

"We are taking her down for an MRI scan in the morning. We've induced her into a coma for now...is there anyone we can contact?"

"Her mum and dad...Nadine, Sarah and Charlie" Kimberley whispered.

"and I'll phone Hilary and get her to pass the message on" she also whispered after.

"Okay, we will get in contact with her parents and you can get her boyfriend and Nadine and Sarah ok?" the nurse smiled uncomfortably, sensing that we just wanted to burst into tears.

"Okay, thank you" we both whispered at the same time.

I layed in Kimberley's arms, both of us sobbing our hearts out try out best to comfort each other.

"She will be okay? Wont she?" I asked Kimberley. She didn't answer back. I guess she didn't want to say she would be ok, when no-one actually knew if she would be. Only God knew.

About 10 minutes later the nurse came back and told us that Nicola's parents were on their way down from Liverpool.

I phoned Nadine and Sarah while Kimberley phoned Charlie.

"Hey Cheryl what's up?" Nadine answered, sounding so cheery, I really didn't want to ruin their cheery moods, but they had to know.

"Um, you need to come to the hospital"

"Why?!" her voice going into a shriek

"Nicola has a brain tumour...they want us to prepare ourselves for the worst, they're taking her down for a scan tomorrow so we can find out how developed it is." I began crying again.

"Oh my god! We're on our way. Fill us in properly when we get to the hospital yeah?"

"Yeah"

"Ok babe, does Charlie know?"

"Kimberley is just telling him now"

"What about Hilary?"

"I'm just about to, but it's too hard to say"

"I'll phone her babe don't worry. You just stay there and stay strong for Nic and Kim yeah"

"Yeah, see you in a bit"

"Love ya babe"

"Love you too Nadz" and I hung up.. I turned around to see Kimberley to fight her tears back.

"Charlie's in bits... he can't get off work to early hours of this morning so he wont be here until tomorrow"

"Okay" I walked over to Kimberley wrapping my arms around her, nuzzling my nose into her neck against her hair. Inhaling her sweet, comforting scent. She held the back of my head, holding me closer to her. I could hear her sobs from her chest, making me cry again.