Chapter Three: Unhelpful Friends

"You're in huge trouble," Jack announced barging into the hotel room followed by Theo, he couldn't believe that Robin had gone and done something like this after what he had been through. 

The two hurried over to Robin to show him the paper that they had gotten, they knew that this wasn't going to go away; they couldn't even remember how this had happened and they had clearly been with their friend.

Elena stared at the two men that had stormed into the hotel room, she sat on the bed watching them wondering why they looked familiar like Robin did; she racked her mind trying to figure out why she knew them. 

"Why the hell didn't any of you stop me," Robin snapped furiously before he could see the paper, he couldn't believe that his friends had let him get married just a couple of months after his divorce from Bouchra had been finalised. 

Theo and Jack looked at him before Robin showed them the marriage license that he had, he had no idea how this was going to work out when it looked like the press had pictures of him with Elena. 

Theo stared at the marriage license that Robin was holding, for a moment wondering how on earth this had happened; he knew that they should have been more careful with Robin and shouldn't have all gotten drunk. 

"I don't remember being there, I was just as wasted as you were," Theo said looking at Jack who nodded, Robin rubbed his aching head while his two friends looked at Elena; they were a little curious about her and they knew it wasn't going to be simple. 

Elena was silent watching the three men talk, her head ached a little and she knew that when she went to her hotel room that she was going to have to find some paracetamol. 

"We're going to see if the marriage is legal and then if it is get an annulment," Robin explained watching at Elena who nodded along with him; Jack and Theo glanced at one another warily before they held up the morning newspaper.

Robin stared at it before ripping it out of Theo's hand, the article covered the front page and Elena felt sick when she realised that it was about them; she didn't know why this was happening to her. 

The article's picture was a photograph of Robin and Elena coming out of a chapel, they looked very much like a happy couple and it wasn't hard to see the wedding rings on their fingers. 

"What the hell?" Elena asked moving to take the paper from Robin, she couldn't believe this and she had no idea how this could be happening; she blinked staring at the full name of her husband as she realised who he was. 

Robin watched Elena while Theo and Jack whispered between one another, things were crazy right now and they knew that Arsenal weren't going to be blessed at the pictures of a drunken Robin emerging from a wedding chapel. 

"Oh my God. You're Robin van Persie," Elena gasped looking up at the paper and staring at Robin, she couldn't believe what was happening and she knew there would be no hiding this. 

Theo and Jack turned to stare at Elena wondering why she looked so surprised that she was married to the footballer; the way that her blonde friend had been acting last night they had thought maybe she'd be the same. 

"You didn't know?" Jack asked surprised looking at Elena, who shook her head while she stared at the picture; anyone who knew her back home would recognise her in a heartbeat. 

There was no way that she would be able to hid this from her parents, she could only imagine how disappointed they would feel when they found out what she had done while drunk.

***

After heading back to her hotel room to shower and change, Elena found herself being confronted by Lydia and Ashlee, who wanted answers about the night before; they had been excited when they had seen the morning paper.

"So was he any good?" Ashlee asked as Elena dried her hair and started to get ready to meet back up with Robin; they were going to see the man that had married them and she hoped this was some sort of sick joke. 

Elena stared at her friend for a moment, she hadn't missed the tone that laced her voice when she spoke and wondered why Ashlee would be jealous; she had spent the evening flirting with Wojciech from what she could remember. 

"I don't remember," Elena murmured slightly annoyed at that fact, she wasn't looking forward to possibly telling her parents that she had got drunkenly married in Las Vegas; she couldn't remember her own wedding and she wanted to cry if it was true. 

Lydia watched Elena, she wanted nothing more than to talk to her friend about what had happened; she wasn't sure if she should admit what she knew. 

"You don't remember mind-blowing sex with the famous footballer, who is now your husband?" Ashlee said annoyed that Elena had wasted such an opportunity, she would have loved to have taken her place; she wouldn't have wasted a moment. 

Lydia stared at the blonde wondering what had happened to make Ashlee this irritating; it was almost like she had forgotten that she had Kain waiting at home for her. 

Elena shook her head, she swore that she was never ever, ever going to drink again after this; she didn't know why she had let herself get to the point where she couldn't remember what had happened the next morning. 

"So how does it feel to be Mrs. Elena van Persie?" Lydia asked curiously, Elena stopped and looked back at her best friend; she hadn't had time to process that she was indeed married to Arsenal's Robin van Persie.

"I haven't really thought about it, we might not be legally married, so I might not be Elena van Persie at all," Elena replied carefully however she loved the sound of her possible married name even if it was a little stupid. 

Lydia smiled moving to help Elena get ready, she fished out an outfit that she knew would make her best friend look amazing especially with the media involved now. 

Elena stared at her for a moment, she knew better than to argue with Lydia when her friend decided to play dress-up; Lydia was unstoppable and she instead headed into the bathroom to get ready. 

"So do want to tell me what's wrong?" Lydia asked glancing at Ashlee, who moved to sit on Elena's bed, she didn't look happy at all and it made the other woman curious. 

Ashlee crossed her arms and shrugged as she watched Elena step out of the bathroom now wearing the navy twist knot jersey tunic and white slim leg jeans; Lydia smiled at her before handing her the black heeled sandals that she had picked out. 

"So I'll see you guys when I get back?" Elena asked collecting her diamante trim clutch bag so that she could go and meet with Robin; she wanted this sorted out as soon as possible. 

"Of course, now go have fun with your hubby," Lydia said ushering her out of the room, she wanted her friend to be happy and she knew that the brunette deserved it after everything. 

Elena stood outside her hotel room for a moment, she was slightly confused about what was going on; one of her best friend's was overly happy for her, the other seemed to be sulking. 

Elena sighed shaking her head and pulled her bag over her shoulder before she headed to the elevator to go downstairs to meet Robin.