Chapter Eleven: Spending Time Together

"So what's it like being Elena van Persie?" Lydia asked looking at Elena, the two had been joined by Lydia's fiancé as they met up for coffee; he couldn't believe Elena had gotten married to his favourite footballer. 

Elena sipped on her chocolate cream frappuccino, she had been married to Robin for three weeks now and things were going well even if she was avoiding his children. 

David stared at Elena waiting for an answer, Lydia rolled her eyes amused at her fiancé they had just finalised the plans for their own wedding in December of the next year. 

 "Like being married," Elena replied making her friends roll their eyes, she smiled as she set down her drink, she had decided that Robin should spend the day with his children. 

Elena didn't want to get in the way of him spending time with his children and she doubted that Bouchra wanted them around them since she disliked Elena so much. 

"That's not what I meant, how things with his children?" Lydia asked knowing that Elena had been nervous about meeting Robin's children and she hoped her friend wasn't avoiding things at home. 

Elena sighed and looked away, she had avoided the two young children since they had arrived the day before; she was nervous about spending time with them and what would happen if she did. 

"Have you heard from Ashlee?" Elena said quickly changing the subject, she watched as Lydia shook her head; they hadn't heard from Ashlee since Elena had married Robin and the blonde had made it clear that she wasn't happy about it. 

Lydia raised an eyebrow at her friend, she wasn't going to pretend that the change in subject was okay; she wanted to know what was going on. 

"Nope, haven't seen her heard from her at all," Lydia said sipping on her own drink, she didn't know what had gotten into the blonde but she guessed that she was jealous of Elena.

David rolled his eyes as he looked between his fiancée and her friend, he wanted to hear more about Robin van Persie; he had never had someone who was married to one of his favourite footballers before. 

"So what's he like?" David asked wanting to hear all about the footballer, Elena sipped on her drink, she looked at him for a moment as she swallowed knowing that he was talking about Robin. 

Lydia grinned knowing that this was why she had agreed to marry David, he didn't realise that he had just helped her get the conversation back on track. 

"He's sweet, kind, he's an amazing father," Elena said with a small smile making Lydia smile as she listened to her friend talk, there was something in her voice that was good to hear. 

Elena looked at her best friend confused as Lydia watched the brunette; she didn't know why her best friend was looking at her like that and it gave her a bad feeling that she had given something away. 

"You love him," Lydia teased making Elena choke on her drink and look at her, the dark haired woman grinned at her and pat her on the back a little. 

David chuckled as he handed a napkin to Elena so that she could wipe herself down, he was aware of what had really happened between Robin and Elena; he had to admit listening to the brunette talk about the Dutchman that she was falling for him. 

"I can't be... can I?" Elena whispered suddenly frightened by the answer, she had been married to Robin for only three weeks and she doubted that he could ever feel the same way for her. 

Lydia nodded her head, she was sure that this would all work out just fine for Elena; she had no doubts that Robin had also started to fall for her.