Chapter Thirty-Two: Something to Celebrate

Robin grinned as he rested his hand on the small swell that had appeared on Elena's frame during the last few weeks, the brunette was now twenty weeks pregnant and the couple couldn't have been happier.

Robin avoided Lucas at all costs since it was clear that the doctor still had lingering feelings for Elena, and he had started to investigate her relationship with Robin.

Coleen had informed the couple that on more than one occasion that he had tried to corner her at a match to learn more about them; though she wasn't even in on the secret, it was clear that she and Wayne suspected something was up.

"How are you feeling?" Robin asked while they sat in the waiting room of the clinic, Elena rolled her eyes playfully at him and kissed him softly; she knew that Robin was concerned about her.

However Elena had repeated told him that there was nothing for him to worry about since Roxanne and Coleen were always by her side when she attended matches; which seemed to keep Lucas away, who had extended his stay at the club for another few weeks.

"I'm fine," Elena insisted making Robin smile nervously, the brunette watched him concerned; he had recently spoken to a few of his former team-mates back in London and they were all pleased to hear that everything was going well for their former captain.

They had understood why he'd chosen to leave and had wished him the best of luck in the future and couldn't wait to hear more baby news from the couple.

Jessica flashed the couple a reassuring smile as she called them into her office for their appointment; it was clear that Elena had developed her pregnancy glow since the last time they had met.

"So Mrs. van Persie, how have you been?" Jessica asked as she looked through Elena's chart, making the brunette slowly started to recount how she had been since her last appointment.

***

Nibbling on a carrot stick, Elena rolled her eyes as Wayne and Coleen entered the living room while Kai and Shaqueel disappeared into the play room to play; Shaqueel had turned six the day before she he had a lot of new toys to play with.

"What's up doc?" Wayne teased making Roxanne, who was sat next to Elena roll her eyes at his childishness; the group were all gathering together and since Robin was one of the new players this season he had been nominated to host.

"So what are you having?" Coleen asked making a couple of the women who had gathered in the living room look at the brunette curious about her answer.

Elena rolled her eyes at her friends' eagerness as she continued to nibble on her carrot, she wasn't sure if she wanted to tell them what her and Robin were expecting just yet.

"Come on Lena, you have to tell us," Daniella said making a couple of the married women roll their eyes at her; Elena bit her lip before she shook her head with a secretive smile. Roxanne chuckled knowing that the others weren't going to like that, they would be desperate to know what Elena was going to have so they could buy the right sort of gifts for her.

"So that's a no you don't know or a no you won't tell us?" Daniella asked confused making Elena grin at her, the men disappeared into the kitchen to talk about the match they had played the day before against Norwich City since they wanted to relax for a while.

"No I won't tell you," Elena teased making her friends around her pout, Elena cleverly changed the subject to what was happening with Lucas; Roxanne muttered something in Maltese making several WAGs look at her concerned.

Offering Elena a glance, Roxanne shook her head and wondered how much longer that she was going to have to deal with Lucas; he wasn't making any moves to leave and she wanted him gone.

"He's just annoying," Roxanne said making Elena look at her worried; she knew that there was something more going on and that it wasn't good, she wished that there was something that she could do to help.

Sofia nodded in agreement looking at Roxanne and then Elena, she didn't want to worry the pregnant brunette but her ex-boyfriend clearly had an unhealthy obsession with her.

Sofia had mentioned this to Roxanne after Javier and Nemanja had managed to get Lucas to stop asking them questions about Elena's marriage.

"So how's wedding planning coming along?" Stacy asked looking at Elena wanting to talk about a better subject, everyone was looking forward to it and there were still no signs of invitations being sent out.

Elena was a little more relieved about this as it allowed her to relax slightly when it came to planning it, she was still trying to find the right venue for what she wanted.

"Slowly but when we find the right venue it will be better, especially with our little girl on the way," Elena teased slyly wondering how many of her friends would catch on to her reveal of the gender of the baby.

Coleen was the first, making a squeal as she pulled the brunette into a hug before Roxanne grinned at her friend's news; she was so happy for her and it was sure to come along soon since her and Coleen were also expecting.

***

"So another little girl," Nemanja teased making Robin nod with a grin, as he leant against the kitchen counter; the players all lounged around the kitchen since the wives had taken over the living room and the children had the lounge and play room.

"How's Elena handling it? Coleen struggled when she was having Kai because of the media," Wayne asked concerned and he knew that it wasn't easy the first time round, he was just glad things seemed so much better this time around.

Most of the players, who had children nodded in agreement; it was true that as soon as the press learnt that one of them were having a baby that they became impossible to get rid of.

There were a couple of the team expecting babies this year and everyone was looking forward to the births; they were all due in the New Year and everyone was excited.

Robin shrugged, he knew that his wife struggled with the constant media attention in her life now that their pregnancy had been revealed even if she didn't tell him; he had tried everything to make it easier for her.

"Better than I expected, I really thought that it would scare her off," Robin murmured making Nemanja nod understandingly; he had been concerned of the same thing when he had dated Roxanne but Robin and Elena were in a completely different boat, since they didn't even have the chance to adjust to all of this.

"It's lucky that she has the girls, I mean imagine doing it alone," Nani mused making the players nod while Robin tried to hide his sudden discomfort; he had a bad feeling that when the truth behind their marriage was revealed that a lot of his team-mates and their partners wouldn't be as understanding.

Nemanja glanced at Robin offering him a discreet reassuring smile; he hoped that when the time came that the others would realise just how much Robin and Elena truly loved each other.

###

Author's Note:

Check out MrsVidic's story, A Footballer's Daughter to read Roxanne's side of the story xxx