Chapter Twenty-Six: Don't Mess with the Vidic

Coleen frowned watching Ewan, he was across the back garden with Bouchra, there was something about the man that she didn't like and she didn't know what Bouchra saw in him. 

Coleen was sat next to Elena and Roxanne since the three families had gathered together for a barbecue before the boys went off on international duty; they knew that things would all be tense. 

Bouchra had insisted that she stuck around with Ewan when she had heard about the small gathering; though it was clear that she was hoping to bond with Roxanne and Coleen. 

"There's something about him that I just don't like," Coleen murmured making Elena nod in agreement, she was glad that she wasn't the only one that got bad vibes about Ewan. 

Roxanne sipped on her fruit punch as the three women turned their attention to the children who were playing together; they knew that things were going to get super busy from here on out. 

"Tell me about it," Elena murmured making Roxanne and Coleen look at her concerned wondering what had happened; the brunette cleared her throat as she checked that the men weren't listening to them talking. 

"When I first married Robin and I was introduced to him and Bouchra, Ewan kept trying to get me to go out with him alone, he's pinned me to a wall until Robin appeared," Elena revealed making Roxanne frown as she looked over at Ewan as he cuddled Bouchra who smiled at him. 

Coleen pursed her lips as she sipped on her own fruit punch, she was no impressed with what she was hearing; she couldn't believe that Bouchra had left Robin for a creep. 

"What do you know about him and Bouchra?" Roxanne asked making Elena shrug, she hadn't really asked Robin about it since she didn't want to upset him.

"Is everything okay ladies?" Wayne asked joining the women around the patio table, Coleen smiled at her husband as he sat down careful of his injured leg; she knew that it would be a little while before he was able to play again. 

"We were just talking to Elena about labour," Coleen lied making the footballer pale slightly as he remembered Kai's birth; Elena bit her lip amused along with Roxanne as Wayne sat quietly as if remembering the night before shaking in horror. 

Coleen laughed softly and patted her husband's arm, she wasn't going to share the small detail that Wayne had fainted when Kai had been born and she hoped he wouldn't do it again when their second child was born. 

"So how are things going?" Coleen asked as Robin leant against the back of Elena's chair, his fingers brushing against her shoulders and it made Coleen and Roxanne smile at how sweet the couple were. 

Robin smiled at the thought of the child that his wife was carrying as Bouchra joined them; she frowned at the smile on her ex-husband's face and she hated how happy he looked without her. 

"I'm fourteen weeks pregnant and the midwife says' that everything looks good," Elena said smiling up at Robin, he was trying his hardest to make sure that things between them worked out better. 

The couple understood that they would both have to work hard at getting to know one another; they couldn't just rush into this without the risk of it pulling them apart. 

"I'm just popping to the bathroom," Roxanne said excusing herself standing up and pressed a kiss to Nemanja's lips before she disappeared into the house so that she could use the toilet.

***

Elena furrowed her brow as Robin wrapped his arms around her waist, she leant against his chest and looked up at him as he kissed her softly; she knew that something wasn't right.