Chapter Twenty: Our New Home

Arriving at their new home, Elena stared at her husband as if he had lost his mind; this house was bigger than the last one, she sighed as she looked at it wondering why they needed such a big house.

"There's only four of us," Elena reminded her husband making Robin chuckle while he helped Shaqueel and Dina out of the car before he wrapped his arms around his wife; he wanted them all to be happy here.

Robin knew that the house was a little big for them, he had bought it for that reason; he knew that with two children and a third on the way that it would come in handy.

"Yes but it doesn't mean we can't expand, Mrs. van Persie," Robin told her huskily with a smile as he fished the house keys from his pocket and handed Elena a set of keys.

Elena blushed as her husband moved to unlock the door allowing the children inside, she had no idea why he kept doing that; they were only just expecting their first child together.

"Why don't you two go and find your bedrooms," Robin said to Shaqueel and Dina, he knew that they would love them and he hoped it kept them out of trouble; they rushed into their new home leaving their father and step-mother behind.

Robin grinned approaching Elena, who looked at him oddly before he picked her up bridal style making her squeal in surprise of what he was doing.

"Robin put me down," Elena demanded while moving to carry her into their new home, the Dutchman chuckled and shook his head; he had no plans on dropping her and he had missed doing things like this.

Elena held onto Robin's shoulders, she was a little nervous about this and she hoped that he knew what he was doing; the last thing she wanted was for him to drop her.

"No can do Mrs. van Persie, it's in my job description to carry you over the threshold," Robin teased carrying Elena into their new home before gently setting Elena to her feet; he kissed Elena softly as he held her close to him, the brunette smiled into the kiss before resting her head against his.

"How did you find this place?" Elena asked curiously, they had originally been looking for a house closer to old Trafford but this was a little more out of the way; she kind of liked that fact a little more.

Robin held Elena close, he had good feelings about this house and he knew it would be perfect for them; they were away from any drama and the children would definitely like it there.

"I was visiting Nemanja's house and spotted it on the way back to the hotel," Robin replied with a shrug, he didn't mind living close to his new team-mates and he hoped that Elena didn't either; they had all been so welcoming to him since he had arrived and he hoped it stayed that way.

It wasn't like when he had played for Arsenal where there seemed to be a bit of a divide between the players because the big names slowly started to leave; even Robin had noticed a change when Fabregas had left, it wasn't the same anymore.

However when he had arrived in Manchester, the players had been completely welcoming and he had never found himself alone while he had been in Manchester; the others had made sure that he felt like he was a part of the team.

"So I'm guessing we'll be seeing a lot of them," Elena murmured as Robin started to show her around their new home, he nodded as he wrapped an arm around her; he knew that she was still adjusting to the idea of being a WAG and it would take her time to get used to the new stage in her life.

"You'll like Roxanne and Stacey," Robin promised her, he had met Roxanne during his medical for the club and she seemed like a really nice person and someone that Elena could be close to now that they lived in Manchester.

The couple stopped as they heard the moving van arrive before Robin gave Elena a stern look causing her to roll her eyes; he wanted her to take it easy since she was pregnant and not to stress herself out.

"No heavy lifting," Robin warned her before she kissed his lips, he flashed a smile at her before he moved to speak with the movers; the last thing that he wanted was for something to happen to her or the baby.

Elena watched him walk away, she had no idea what was going to happen when she met his team-mates and their wives; she was a little concerned that they would take one look at her and think she wasn't good enough for Robin.

Elena walked downstairs, she brushed some hair from her face as she thought about what was going to happen; she was going to have to do her best to impress them since she had never done this before.

Walking into the living room, Elena stopped as she spotted a picture on the wall and slowly walked over to it; she stared at it realising it was the picture that her mother had taken at Sunday dinner and it made her a little sad.

That picture was the closest thing that Elena and Robin had to a wedding picture, it hurt to think that they didn't have any pictures of anything; Elena knew that it would all change now but it still hurt that she had no memories of her wedding.

Shaking her head, Elena walked away from the picture and she knew that when they had their second wedding that things would work out; she would be able to correct the one thing that bothered her so much.

Robin peeked at his wife, he could see that something big was bothering Elena and he could only guess what it was; he looked over at the picture knowing that he would do anything to make her happy

***

"So what do you think?" Robin asked watching Elena sort out her side of the walk-in wardrobe, he leant against the frame and hoped that this was all okay; their room was huge and it gave them a place to relax.

Robin had looked at so many homes before they had settled on this one, he was glad that he'd had help picking it out and Nemanja had been amazing since he had arrived in Manchester as had Roxanne.

"It's nice," Elena replied continuing on with what she was doing, this was the most that Robin had let her do and the house was now filled with their belongs; she really hoped that everything else would be just as good.

Robin raised an eyebrow at his wife, he could see that there was something on her mind and he wished that she would talk to him; things had been going so well before they had come here and he didn't want to take a step back.

"Lena?" Robin asked making Elena look at him, he sighed moving away from the door and sat on the wardrobe's floor with her; he wanted things to be okay between them.

Robin brushed some hair from her face, he leant forward and kissed Elena wanting to show her that everything was just fine; whatever was worrying her wouldn't happen.

"You can talk to me," Robin whispered holding Elena close, he knew that the move would be strange for her; London was her home and he hoped that maybe Manchester would become the same if she gave it a chance.

Elena smiled and nodded her head, she knew that he thought that this was all down to the move and she guessed in part that it was but she was also worried that their marriage wasn't strong enough for all of this.

Robin moved forward and kissed Elena again, he was sure that it would all be okay and he hoped that in time things would completely calm down for them.