Chapter Fifty-Five: Rash Decisions

Robin rubbed his hand up and down Elena's back trying to comfort her while she hugged him tightly, he had no idea what he would have done if she wasn't here with him right now; he felt horrible for the fact she'd been forced to come home early. 

"I missed you," Elena murmured softly making Robin look at her and nod his head in agreement, he actually couldn't believe that Ewan had sunk this low and he wasn't looking forward to what was coming. 

If this went to court then there was no way he would be able to keep this quiet and protect his family, it scared Robin and he hoped that it wouldn't come down to that. 

"I called Charlies... he says he'll be here tomorrow," Elena whispered not liking how quiet Robin was being she had no idea what was going on in his head and it scared her; she wished that she knew what he was thinking. 

Nemanja looked over at Robin, who seemed to be in deep thought about what had happened today; it was clear that he was a little shaken by what had happened and how far Ewan was willing to go to hurt him. 

"Robin, you okay?" Elena asked sensing that something was bothering her husband, she watched as he blinked softly and looked down at her; he was starting to scare her and she wanted to take away his worries. 

Things would be fine especially when Charles arrived to help them, he would be able to fix the mess that Ewan had made by making this horrible accusations with no proof but his word that Robin and Nemanja had been the ones to attach him. 

"Robin... Ewan won't get away with this," Elena reassured making Robin look down at her, he wanted nothing more than to believe her but he knew that Ewan wouldn't stop here; he would do whatever it took to make him suffer for what had happened to Francesca.

"But he will... he always does," Robin muttered making the others in the room look at him as he pulled away from Elena, who stared at him sadly; she hoped that he wasn't about to do something stupid because of Ewan. 

The room was silent for a moment while Robin tried to wrap his head around what he could do to keep Elena and the children safe; there was only one answer that he could think of and it wasn't going to be easy. 

"I want a divorce," Robin announced making Elena stare at him shocked, she moved to sit down as she tried to wrap her head around what Robin had just said. 

Elena didn't know what had brought this on but she knew that Robin wasn't thinking straight right now; he was just frightened about what Ewan was going to do. 

"Robin... you don't mean that," Roxanne whispered shocked moving to comfort Elena, who was speechless about her husband's declaration that he wanted to end their marriage. 

Nemanja and Wayne looked at Robin as if he had lost his mind, they couldn't believe that he had said that to Elena, who was carrying his child; things were doing so well for the couple and he was making a big mistake right now. 

"I do mean it... I can't keep up this act no more," Robin insisted not looking at Elena, it would break his heart even more to see her cry and he was doing this to protect her from the mess that he had made. 

Roxanne glared at Robin, wondering what had gotten into him; he had been so in love with Elena before the holiday and being arrested, now he was telling her that he wanted a divorce. 

"Lena, you can come stay with us," Roxanne insisted making Nemanja nod his head as he looked at Robin, he couldn't believe that this was happening right now and he really hoped that he would come to his senses before it was too late.

***

Elena had packed a few more of her things before she had gone with Roxanne, Nemanja and the twins back to their home; the Serbian had tried to talk some sense into Robin, but he hadn't been able to. 

Roxanne watched Elena sadly, she couldn't believe that Robin had done this to her friend, she hated that he had dropped this bomb on her like this especially with everything that was going on right now. 

"Do you think she'll be okay?" Roxanne asked softly looking to Nemanja, she had just left Elena to settle into one of the guest rooms and she wished she knew what to say. 

It had never crossed any of their minds that this would happen, none of them knew what was going through Robin's mind and they hoped that it was just the shock of being arrested that was talking. 

Ewan had really screwed with Robin's mind and it was clear that he wasn't going to stop at having the Dutchman arrested to get his revenge. 

"Elena's strong... she'll be okay. Robin's just having a hard time right now, he'll realise that he's making a mistake," Nemanja murmured gently peeking into the bedroom where Elena was sitting on the bed quietly; her whole world had been turned upside down in a few short hours. 

The couple watched her for a moment knowing that she was in shock from Robin's announcement; none of him expected him to ask her for a divorce like that or even at all especially give how far they had come. 

"I hope so... or I'll kill him," Roxanne said making Nemanja nod, they couldn't believe that he had been so stupid to do something like this. 

Meanwhile Elena was staring at the rings on her fingers that Robin had given her for Christmas; tears filled her eyes as she thought of the promises that he had made to her that where now broken.

***

Sitting alone in his living room Robin knocked back another glass of whiskey as he tried to wrap his head around the day's events; he couldn't believe that he had asked Elena for a divorce. 

It had somehow slipped out of his mouth and there was no way for Robin to take back the harsh words that he had said, he didn't want anything to happen to Elena and he felt like he had betrayed her. 

Robin didn't know what his former friend would do to get his revenge on him, if he was willing to have the Dutchman and Nemanja falsely arrested then he hated to think what he would do to Elena if he got the chance to hurt her or the children. 

"I'm such an idiot," Robin muttered pouring himself another drink, he had been drinking himself stupid since Elena had left to stay at Roxanne and Nemanja's; he wanted nothing more than to call her and beg her to come back to him. 

He wanted to explain why he had said what he had said, Robin was sure his friends hated him now for hurting Elena; he didn't blame them but he was trying to keep her safe from the trouble that was building now. 

"I'm doing this for the right reasons," Robin whispered to himself before he knocked back the amber liquid; he winced at the strong taste as he tried to convince himself that he was doing the right thing by letting her go. 

Robin didn't know what he would do if Ewan harmed Elena in anyway, he would never forgive himself if she was harmed or his children became targets in an attempt to hurt him even more. 

His thoughts weakly turned to their unborn child as he wondered what would happen now, he didn't want to divorce or lose Elena but his own stupidity had probably already caused him to do so.