Chapter Twenty-Seven: Staying in Rotterdam

Elena moaned softly as Robin started to kiss down her neck, he smirked as she tried to get away from him and get back to sleep; they had arrived in Rotterdam from Manchester in the early hours of the morning after a forty-five minute flight. 

"Go away," Elena murmured burying her head into her pillow, they were staying in Robin's new apartment in Rotterdam while he prepared for international duty. 

Robin chuckled drawing Elena to his chest and kissed her softly, as she stirred in his arms; he knew that she didn't want to get up and he didn't blame her. 

"Good Morning," Robin whispered when Elena opened her eyes and looked at him tiredly, he kissed her again as he cuddled her close to him wanting to enjoy this moment of peace. 

Robin hated to wake Elena up but he knew that she couldn't stay in bed all day, he wished that she could but it wasn't possible right now. 

"Is there a reason for this lovely wakeup call?" Elena asked making Robin grin at her, she was so adorable and he loved feeling her bump knowing that it was getting bigger every day. 

Elena yawned closing her eyes tiredly until she felt her husband's grip flex around her waist as he held her close to him; Robin watched her contently as she started to fall back asleep for a moment. 

"My parents are coming to see us later," Robin announced making Elena frown and open her eyes; she looked at him wondering how long he had known about this and hadn't told her about it. 

Robin licked his lips nervously, he knew things were still strained between his mother and his wife but he hoped that the news of Elena's pregnancy would bring the two women closer together. 

"Thanks for the warning," Elena murmured turning over to face him, Robin brushed some hair from her face as she cuddled into his side; she wasn't looking forward to this visit and she knew it wasn't going to end well.

"It won't be that bad Lena," Robin reassured though he knew that his mother still disapproved of his marriage to Elena; although it was clear that the last time the two women had met that José Ras had slowly started to get used to Elena. 

"You said that last time," Elena replied looking up at Robin as he held her to his chest, the Dutchman chuckled and nodded as he pressed a kiss to her head; he wished that his mother could see how happy they were. 

The couple lay silently for a while before Elena gently pulled out of Robin's arms and rushed to the toilet feeling sick; Robin sighed as he climbed out of bed and followed after her. 

Morning sickness was something that neither of the couple enjoyed; Elena hated the fact that she now spent most of her mornings over the toilet and Robin missed the fact they couldn't cuddle in the mornings anymore. 

Robin held Elena's hair out of her face, he rubbed her back slightly and whispered reassuring words; he wanted to support her in any way that he could. 

Elena rested her head against the toilet, she could only hope that José Ras wasn't going to completely ignore her like she had done when she had come to visit them in London. 

Elena did want to get along with Robin's family, she hadn't met his sisters yet but she already had a feeling that José Ras had turned them against her without having met her. 

Robin looked at Elena, he knew that their relationship was going strong and he hoped that his mother would understand that Elena was here to stay.

***

José Ras smiled cuddling her two grandchildren, she hadn't seen them in about two months and she had missed them; she had no idea when she would next get to see them with how everything was.