Chapter Twenty-One: Lunch with Roxanne

Robin held Elena's hair out of her way as she threw up, he rubbed her back tenderly as she moaned softly; he knew that this was part of pregnancy but it was his least favourite part of it. 

"I hate morning sickness," Elena mumbled quietly making Robin chuckled as he sat behind her in their en-suite bathroom; he knew that she couldn't wait for this part of her pregnancy to be over. 

Robin glanced at his watch, as much as he wanted to stay with Elena and help her get settled, he had to get ready for training while she was meant to be meeting with Nemanja's wife for lunch. 

"I'll be okay Robin," Elena reassured turning to face her husband who frowned, he didn't like the idea of leaving her alone like this. 

Elena pushed herself to her feet and brushed her teeth, she knew that he was worried but she was sure that things would get better; she was nearly out of her first trimester. 

"It's just morning sickness," Elena told him making Robin sigh wrapping his arms around her, he kissed her neck as he rested his head against hers; the brunette smiled as she turned to face him. 

Robin kissed her lips quickly before he moved to get ready to leave for training, he was glad that she seemed to be doing better today; the move yesterday had taken a lot out of her. 

"So what is Roxanne like?" Elena asked following him into the bedroom, she leant against the bedroom door as she watched him dress for training, the Dutchman sighed as he looked at his wife. 

Elena was a little concerned about what would happen when she met with Roxanne, she only knew what she had seen in the papers; she didn't want to make of fool of herself or cause any problems. 

"Oddly enough she looks just like you, you two could pass off as twins," Robin commented making Elena raise an eyebrow at him, she had seen a couple of pictures about of Roxanne Vidic in the past.

"She's nice, has a bubbly personality and seems to be addicted to coffee," Robin mused pulling on his trainers, he was sure that Elena would be just fine; she had nothing to worry about with this meeting. 

Elena nodded as she nibbled on her lip in thought, Roxanne would be the first women that she would meet when it came to being a footballer's wife; she hadn't really gotten that chance with the Arsenal women. 

Robin pushed himself to stand before he pecked Elena's lips, he doubted that the meeting would go bad and Roxanne only wanted to meet with Elena to make her feel welcome; it was always hard for the new women to bond with the old ones. 

"I'll see you in a couple of hours," Robin said since he was having the children while she had lunch with Roxanne, he was happy that she would hopefully have friends while they lived in Manchester. 

It would be good for her and Robin knew that this would be a good step for them, Elena was going to need some help when it came to dealing with the press. 

Elena smiled at her husband before he picked up his bag and gave her a final kiss then he left for training; Elena sighed then she headed for Shaqueel's bedroom and woke the little boy up. 

Elena then quickly headed into Dina's bedroom to collect the little girl then she moved downstairs to make them both breakfast, she set Dina down as she stepped into the kitchen. 

Elena started to prepare breakfast, Shaqueel soon sitting at the breakfast table with his sister while she made them some cereal and gave it to them; she was sure that Robin was right and it would all just be fine.

***

Elena smiled nervously walking into the café where she was meeting Roxanne for their lunch, she had opted to where an oxblood woven V-neck top and bootcut jeans; it wasn't hard for her to stop the other woman who was already seated at a table.