Chapter Fifty-One: Baby Names

Grinning as she turned to face her friends, Elena really couldn't believe that they were going to be staying in such a beautiful place for a week; the bellboy set down their suitcases before he was tipped by Roxanne. 

"This place is amazing," Coleen said excitedly, she didn't know how Robin had come up with this idea but she was glad that he had; they could all use a break before things got busy with their new babies. 

Elena nodded her head while she looked around the living room, it was huge and she doubted that they would have any problems while they were here. 

"How about we toast to a wonderful weekend," Roxanne said collecting her glass of orange juice making Elena smile as she approached her friends; she didn't know what she would have done without them. 

The holiday would certainly ease her mind about what Charles had told them, Elena didn't want to think about what Ewan would do if he joined the police again; he was going to be a nightmare to deal with. 

"To a wonderful week away from our husbands and children," Coleen joked making her two friends laugh as they nodded in agreement, they couldn't believe that their husbands had actually agreed to them all taking a holiday. 

Chinking their glasses together, the three friends sipped on their drinks for a moment enjoying the silence around them; things had been so busy since before Christmas and it was bound to get crazy again. 

"So who is sleeping where?" Coleen asked making Elena and Roxanne look at her and grin, it had been a bit of a long trip from the airport to their villa at the spa and the three of them wanted to relax while they had the chance. 

The three friends stood quietly for a moment before Elena and Roxanne set down their drinks, both of them knew what was going to happen; they couldn't believe that they were here right now. 

"Master bedroom," the two declared making Coleen laugh softly moving to collect her bag and headed for one of the bedrooms while she listened to Elena and Roxanne playful argue about the bedroom that they were both standing in

***

It was nearly an hour later, that the three women were relaxing on the balcony of the villa; Elena rested a hand on her swollen stomach making Coleen and Roxanne smile at her. 

There wasn't long now until Baby van Persie would arrive and everyone was curious about what name the couple had picked for their first child together; Shaqueel and Dina were wonderful and so excited for their baby sister to be born. 

"So have you decided a name yet?" Coleen asked making Elena look at her two friends and smile as she nodded at them; she and Robin had discussed the name for their unborn daughter and they had made a decision.

It had taken them a while to settle on the full name but the couple couldn't have been happier with their choice; Elena loved it and she couldn't wait to hold her daughter in her arms for the first time. 

"We want it to be a surprise... so that it doesn't get leaked to the press but I can tell you it is between Kathryn and Arabella," Elena revealed making Roxanne and Coleen nod as they looked at their friend intrigued at what the couple might have chosen. 

Sipping on her drink, Elena watched her two friends think about the two names that she had told them, it was clear that she had a surprised for them about the name. 

"I can't believe I'm twenty-nine weeks pregnant," Elena said thoughtfully, she couldn't believe how quickly it had gone by and that in eleven weeks she would have her daughter; she just hoped that these coming weeks would be a lot more calming. 

Coleen was twenty-five weeks pregnant with a little girl like Elena while Roxanne was twenty-one weeks pregnant and had yet to discover what she was having since the baby hadn't been in the right position.

"So do you have any ideas what you'll call your daughter?" Roxanne asked Coleen, who looked at her two friends thoughtfully, she and Wayne hadn't put much thought into their little girl's name just yet since it seemed so far away. 

It hadn't really dawned on Coleen yet how close they were to having their own baby, she would only be a few weeks behind Elena and she guessed that she would have to get thinking.

"Not yet... but we have a couple of ideas," Coleen replied making Roxanne nod as she shifted nervously, she was a little disappointed that she hadn't been able to find out what she was having before she came away with her friends on holiday. 

The baby had been facing the opposite way during her scan and she would have to wait until her next scan to find out; Roxanne didn't mind what she had and she doubted that Nemanja would really mind either. 

"What about you Roxy? Have you and Nem thought about any names," Elena asked curiously, Coleen sipped on her drink and looked at the older brunette who sighed and shook her head. 

She and Nem wanted to know what they were having before they decided on names and Roxanne knew they had quite a bit more time on the other two women before they would find out what they were going to have. 

"Come on Lena... tell us, we swear we won't tell anyone," Coleen begged pouting making Roxanne nod in agreement as they looked at their friend, who sighed as she bit her lip; she knew that she would end up telling them anyway and she knew they wouldn't tell everyone else if she did tell them.

"Okay, we have decided to call her... Arabella Roxanne," Elena revealed making Roxanne stare at her friend surprised, she blinked a little taken back at what had been said. 

Coleen smiled at Elena, who was watching Roxanne to judge her reaction to the news of her unborn daughter's name; she was pleased that her friend and practical twin didn't seem to have a problem with it. 

"You're naming her after me?" Roxanne whispered feeling completely honoured that Elena and Robin would give their daughter her name as her middle name; she honestly hadn't seen it coming and she wasn't sure what to say about it. 

It had never occurred to Roxanne that Elena would do something like that, she had thought that the couple would baby call the baby after one of its grandmothers or a family name that they really liked. 

"We wanted to thank you for everything that you have done for us," Elena explained making Roxanne blink back tears before she hugged her friend, the two held each other for a moment until Coleen joined their hug making the two laugh as she declared that she was lonely. 

They all laughed knowing that things were certainly going to be different when they went back home, they all had babies on the way and Elena was meant to be preparing for her wedding to Robin in July. 

"Thank you," Roxanne said softly to Elena, who smiled at her as she pulled back from her; the brunette didn't know how her marriage to Robin would have gone if she hadn't had Roxanne as a friend. 

Roxanne didn't know just how much she had done for Elena and Robin, her actions meant the world for them and she was a big part of their lives now.

###

Author's Note: 

To read more about Roxanne Vidic, check out MrsVidic's story... A Footballer's Daughter.