Chapter Thirteen: Robin's Pain

Robin walked into the living room, the children had long since been put to bed; they needed to talk without interruption, he knew that this was going to be an important talk and would possibly change their marriage. 

Elena was curled up on the couch and was watching television, Robin sighed wanting to get this out of the way before it got worse; they both needed to know where they stood in relation to their marriage. 

His future with Arsenal would hopefully be decided soon with a final meeting with Arsène before the team headed away on international club friendlies. 

"We need to talk," Robin said making Elena looked at him, she nodded as she turned the television off and faced him; she watched him for a moment, her brown eyes tracing his figure for a moment. 

"What are we doing Robin?" Elena asked softly making Robin stare at her confused; she sighed crossing her legs and watched him for a moment. 

Elena had spent the afternoon planning all of this out in her head, she wanted some answers and now would be the right time for her to get them. 

"When our marriage was confirmed, we said that we'd be divorced when the time was right. But you've been talking about a second wedding, I've met your children," Elena explained making Robin sigh as he watched her; in all honestly he didn't know anymore but they needed to talk about this. 

The couple sat in silence for a while thinking about what they wanted, they had only been married three weeks, they had only known each other for three weeks; but it was clear to the both of them that it wouldn't be easy for them to walk away from this. 

"I want us to give this a chance," Robin murmured finally making Elena look at him, the Dutchman moved to sit next to her; he was thankful that they had had this talk.

Elena watched him confused, she didn't know what to think of his words and she knew that this changed everything for them if they stopped thinking about a possible divorce at the end of the line. 

Robin chewed on his lip, he was sure if they gave their marriage a chance then it would work out just fine; he didn't want another divorce on the cards so soon after his first and he really felt that he could make things work with Elena. 

"I want our marriage to work, things have been going well and I want us to make this work," Robin explained softly, he brushed some hair from Elena's face and watched her closely wondering what she thought about all of this. 

The last three weeks had gone so well for them and Robin knew that if they worked hard then they could make this work; he could see them being really happy like they had been in the past couple of weeks. 

Elena nodded as Robin kissed her softly, the couple slowly felt things heat up between them; they hadn't had the chance to act like newlyweds and hadn't taken a honeymoon and now it was sort of spilling over. 

"Let's go upstairs," Elena suggested as Robin started to remove her top, the Dutchman nodded as she stood; he wanted this to work out between them, he could see himself falling for her. 

Elena took Robin's hand and started to lead him up the stairs, it would take some time for things to settle down and she guessed that it would all be worth it if that meant her and Robin were together. 

Robin grinned eagerly following his wife up the stairs to their bedroom, he knew that the talk had been good for them and he was sure it would be worth it in the end.

***

Elena yawned making herself some tea to wake herself up, it was early morning and Bouchra was meant to be coming to collect the children; Robin smiled at her softly as the children had their breakfast.