Chapter Thirty-Four: The Truth Comes Out

Elena licked her lips nervously spotting her mother-in-law sitting in the living room as she returned from shopping with the children and Robin; the Dutchman furrowed his brow at the smile that was set on his mother's face. 

Elena slowly removed her coat and hung it up, she smoothed out her print jersey top a little since it was hugging around her bump; she was twenty-two weeks pregnant now and she couldn't believe how quickly it seemed to be moving along. 

"Shaqueel, take your sister upstairs please," Robin murmured to his son, he didn't like the look on his mother's face and he doubted that this was going to end well; Shaqueel nodded confused and led Dina up the stairs away from the adults so that they could talk. 

José Ras looked between the couple, her eyes focusing on the small bump of Elena's stomach that carried her grandchild for one moment; she couldn't believe that she hadn't realised all this before. 

"I've spoken with your lawyer, the marriage can be annulled in six weeks and you can be rid of the gold-digger," José Ras stated pleased with herself, Elena glanced at Robin who had stiffened at his mother's words in shock. 

Robin wondered why his mother couldn't seem to understand that he loved Elena and wanted her as his wife; he wasn't going to do anything that he didn't want to do and she wasn't going to change his mind. 

"I know the truth, I know she got you drunk to marry you," José Ras explained making the colour drain from Robin's face; there was only one person who could have told her about this. 

Elena felt Robin rest a hand on her back as he stepped closer to her, José Ras frowned as she realised that her son wasn't going to listen to her however she glanced at the kitchen door where Ashlee stood looking smug about what she had done.

"Hello again," Ashlee greeted batting her eyes at Robin, José Ras offered the blonde a friendly smile before she glared at Elena; it was clear that as well as the truth Ashlee had been spinning a web of lies to José Ras. 

Elena could only imagine what tales Ashlee had spun, she had heard from Lydia that things weren't going well for Ashlee and Kain; it looked like their relationship was practically over and Ashlee seemed more concerned with ruining Elena's life. 

"Why couldn't you have married her? She's a lot better than that," José Ras said making Elena flinch while Ashlee grinned as she moved to stand next to Robin's mother; she couldn't believe how well this was all working out.

Ashlee no longer cared about getting her chance to date the footballer, she was going to make a pretty penny with all the interviews she had lined up about this. 

Robin frowned at his mother's words as he held Elena close to him; he couldn't believe this was happening, they had worked so hard the last five months to make sure that no one discovered their secret. 

"Oh and the story goes live sometime today so there is no escaping this anymore," Ashlee explained to Elena making José Ras frown at her, she had hoped that her son would have a private divorce without anyone knowing about Elena getting him drunk to marry him. 

Elena felt sick, she couldn't believe that this was happening and she wondered how she had ever thought that Ashlee was her friend; she was only interested in the fame that she could get from this. 

"I told you Elena, you tell the world or I would," Ashlee said making Robin glare at her, he couldn't believe that this was happening; he could only imagine the nightmare that was about to descend on them and there was nothing that he could do to stop it.

***

Roxanne hugged Elena as they waited for the last few people to arrive at Roxanne and Nemanja's house; Robin and Elena had decided it would be best to tell everyone the truth before the press told the world.