Chapter Fifty-Three: Ewan's Revenge

After spending the day at the Spa, Elena, Roxanne and Coleen were relaxing around the villa's pool; the three were talking excitedly about Roxanne feeling her baby's kick for the very first time. 

Roxanne pulled out her phone and quickly started to tweet about it while Elena glanced at her phone worried that she hadn't heard back from Robin, who she had texted a short while earlier to make sure everything was okay. 

"How about we go out for lunch?" Coleen suggested making her two friend nod before they headed back inside to get changed so that they could go out. 

Stepping out of her room, Elena smiled at her friends before the three of them set out to have lunch at one of the local café's that was close to their villa; they'd had a great time on holiday so far and it had been just what the doctor had ordered for Elena. 

The three women laughed and chatted happily all the while tweeting about the holiday posting a couple of pictures of the amazing view that they had, which was continuously interrupted by Rio and Wayne. 

"Shouldn't you 3 be relaxing?" Rio tweeted making the three women roll their eyes as Roxanne read it aloud; she was quick to text back with a response before Wayne joined in as well. 

It was so strange to think that they were so far away from home, Elena did miss Robin and the children and she was looking forward to going home and seeing them. 

"Then why are you tweeting each other when you are next to each other?" Wayne tweeted, making Coleen roll her eyes at her clearly clueless husband; she loved Wayne and had done since she was a teenager even if he could be an idiot sometimes. 

Elena sipped on her drink before she tweeted him back, she had recently rejoined twitter at Roxanne's insistence since she had stopped using it after Robin had moved to Manchester United, due to the abuse the two of them had received after he had left Arsenal.

"We are keeping ourselves informed by everyone's tweets. Plus twitter is free. Now leave us alone." Elena tweeted back, making Roxanne laugh before Rio came back with a witty response which was replied to by Roxanne. 

As Roxanne sent a message to her husband wanting to know how the twins were, Elena watched her for a few moments until her friend set her phone on the table; she was a little nervous since she hadn't heard back from Robin. 

Today was meant to be the day that they found out if Ewan would be allowed to go back to work for the police and Elena couldn't help but worry that Robin had gotten some bad news about it all. 

"Has Nemanja texted you?" Elena asked concerned making Coleen and Roxanne look at her, they guessed that waiting for news about Ewan was setting her on edge. 

They didn't blame her after what had happened and they hoped that the investigation would show just how unstable Ewan was, they could only imagine what he would do if he did become an officer again. 

"I've just sent him a message why?" Roxanne replied peeking at her phone, Nemanja was usually so quick about getting back to her and she was sure that the bad feeling that was creeping up on her was nothing. 

Coleen nibbled on her lip, she was sure if something had happened then Wayne would have called her; she doubted that he would try to hide anything important from them while they were on holiday. 

"I sent Robin a message two hours ago. He hasn't texted me yet," Elena whispered softly making her two friends look at her worried; she did feel a little silly but she just couldn't get rid of the feeling that something had happened.

"I'm sure he's just busy," Coleen reassured checking her own phone, someone would have called if there was something wrong; she was sure of that, she didn't want Elena getting stressed out over nothing.