Chapter Fifty-Two: Worrying Thoughts

Sipping on her ice tea, Coleen sighed leaning back in her sun-lounger while she relaxed in the wonderfully hot sun with Elena and Roxanne; the three of friends were enjoying their holiday in the sun, while they talked about their pregnancies. 

Elena fanned herself as she looked out over the beach, it was beautiful here and she couldn't help but be thankful that Robin had sent her here for her birthday. 

"I wonder how the boys are coping without us," Coleen mused making her two friends look at her, they grinned at each other knowing that Wayne had called Coleen constantly to tell her how much he missed her. 

Elena sipped on her drink thinking of her talk with Robin the night before, she had been slightly relieved to hear that the police had contacted him to talk about Ewan's possible reinstatement and they had taken into account what they both had to think about Ewan and how unstable he seemed. 

Roxanne looked at her friend concerned, she had noticed how quiet the brunette had been since the phone call from Robin; something that worried her slightly and she hoped that everything was okay at home.

"Lena... is everything okay?" Coleen asked making the younger brunette look at her, she blinked a couple of times before noticing that Roxanne was also looking at her concerned as well. 

Elena sighed as she sipped on her drink again, the last thing that she wanted was to bring down the happy time that they were having but she guessed that it would be a good thing to get it off her chest; she was sure that the police wouldn't put Ewan back on the force when he was such a threat. 

"It's about Ewan," Elena revealed slowly making the two women stare at her, if it was related to Bouchra's husband it couldn't end well; they didn't like the man and this could only spell trouble if Elena was worried about it.

Elena took a moment to gather her thoughts, she could only hope that Robin was okay at home and she knew he had a lot going on in his head right now; she wished she could be there to comfort him a little. 

"You remember that phone call that we got from the policeman in London, well before we came here, Robin and I met with him and they are thinking of reinstating him to the police force," Elena explained making her friends look at her horrified at this news. 

The idea of Ewan McDonald becoming a police officer again after what he had done unsettled the both of them; he would have unlimited power to torment Elena and Robin, and no one would be able to stop him. 

"Robin called to tell me that they had spoken to him about Ewan's reinstatement," Elena revealed making Coleen bit her lip concerned, she hoped that they wouldn't reinstate Ewan; it was clear that he wasn't safe and she could only imagine what he would do then. 

Roxanne swallowed recalling the time that Ewan had cornered her in Elena's home, the idea of him being a policeman again made her feel sick. 

It didn't make any sense to her why they would even consider restating him after what had happened, Ewan was clearly not going to get over the fact that his fiancée had died due to his own careless actions. 

They all knew that Ewan still blame Robin for what had happened, he was the reason that Bouchra had walked out on Robin and he was still causing the Dutch footballer grief now. 

"Let's just hope that they listen and don't reinstate him," Coleen said hopefully, she looked at Roxanne, who nodded in agreement; it would only bring trouble if Ewan was reinstated.

***

Running his fingers through his hair, Robin smiled softly watching Shaqueel and Dina play in the snow in the back garden; he didn't know what he would do if something ever happened to them or Elena. 

His thoughts were cut short as the house phone rang, the Dutchman sighed as he moved to answer it; he wondered if it was Elena calling to speak with him again, he worried that he had upset her when he had spoken to her the night before. 

Of course that hadn't been his intention when he had told her about what was going on, Robin just wanted her to be prepared in case Ewan did get back on the police force; the last thing he wanted was for someone else to tell her that news. 

"Hello this is the van Persie household," Robin said answering the phone, his eyes glancing out the window at the children who were building a snowman while they laughed. 

However he felt ill when he heard the voice of his ex-wife on the phone, Robin swallowed hard realising that whatever she had to say wouldn't be good; he hadn't heard from her in weeks and he knew that she had barely spoken to their children since before the holidays. 

"Hello Robin... I was just calling to inform you that we'll be back in England next week and I will be coming to see the children on Thursday," Bouchra greeted as if she hadn't missed out on the last three weeks of her children's lives without even a phone call at Christmas. 

Robin took a deep breath to calm himself, he listened to her start to talk about her holiday away with Ewan like nothing had happened; his mind still stuck on the idea that they were coming back. 

It was almost strange to think that Robin shared Shaqueel and Dina with Bouchra, the children barely saw her and they were living a happy life with him and Elena. 

"I'm sorry Bouchra... but we aren't in on Thursday," Robin said interrupting his ex-wife from talking; he knew that he had to pick Elena up from the airport and the children wanted to come with him.

They were missing their step-mother and Robin knew that they could do with a nice surprise, he couldn't wait to see Elena himself and he was sure that she would be so surprised to see the children at the airport to greet her. 

"I haven't seen the children in weeks you can't go out," Bouchra whined making Robin roll his eyes as he moved to make the children some lunch, he doubted that Shaqueel and Dina really cared that their mother wanted to see them. 

Bouchra hadn't really been a part of their lives in months, they had come to see Elena as their mother since she was the one that took care of them all the time and she treated them like they were her own. 

"That isn't my problem Bouchra... you're the one that went on holiday without thinking of your children, you are the one that put her new husband first," Robin snapped irritatedly, he wasn't going to let Ewan anywhere near his children, he didn't want them to get caught up in the revenge plan and getting hurt because of their mother's selfish actions. 

It was quiet on the other end of the phone for a moment, as if Bouchra was actually thinking about what Robin had just said to her. 

"You are just jealous... Ewan loves me and Elena isn't good enough for you anymore," Bouchra snapped in retaliation making Robin roll his eyes in annoyance, he had no idea why she was being so blind about all of this. 

Robin disconnected the call and sighed looking out of the window at the children, he didn't know what to do about Bouchra; it was clear that she was going to bring Ewan with her when she finally came to see their children. 

He had no idea what was going to happen but he would do anything to protect his family from getting hurt.