Chapter Two: Waking up in Vegas

The first thing that Elena thought of when she woke the next morning was that she had been murdered; her head hurt and she didn't know what she had done the night before that warranted this sort of pain. 

Elena clutched her head laying on her back in bed, she slowly turned on her side to check the time; it was seven-thirty in the morning and the brunette knew that her friends wouldn't be up yet. 

It was that moment that Elena noticed that she wasn't in her own hotel room, startled she sat up and looked around the unfamiliar room trying to work out where she was. 

It was clear that the room was one of the more expensive suites that the hotel had, Elena swallowed as she noticed her dress and her heels lay scattered around the floor with her underwear. 

Clutching the sheets to her chest as Elena spotted the men's clothes that were also on the hotel room floor; she groaned as she slowly started to realise that she wasn't alone, she had hoped that she wouldn't do anything stupid while she was on holiday. 

"Oh my God," Elena squeaked turning to look next to her and saw a man lying next to her, the brunette slowly moved as far away from his bare back as possible until she reached the end of the bed and fell out. 

Elena landed with a thud on the floor of the hotel room, pulling the bed sheets with her causing the man shot up looking confused at the sudden sound; she stared up at him as she tried to work out why he looked familiar. 

The man ran a hand through his brown hair and looked down at Elena surprised; the two stared at each other for a moment before he quickly moved to pull on his boxers to cover himself. 

Elena protectively held the sheet to her bare chest as he moved to help her up off the floor, she didn't have to guess that they had spent the night together. 

"Are you okay?" the man asked while she stared at him, she couldn't believe this had happened; Elena nodded as she tried to remember his name and she hated herself for getting into this situation.

"I'm fine... I'm sorry to say that I can't remember your name," Elena said making him smile at her and nod understandingly; he didn't remember hers anyway and judging by his hang over he had been pretty drunk when he had met her. 

Elena watched him as she shifted a little on the floor, she tried not to stare too much since he was just as naked as she was; she wasn't sure what to make of all of this. 

"Robin," Robin replied with a small smile as she held the sheet to her chest still watching him curiously, she nodded looking at him confused for a moment but shook her head dismissing the thought. 

Elena slowly moved to collect her clothes, she didn't want her friends worrying about her and she was sure they would be looking for her if they knew that she'd gone off with a stranger while drunk. 

"Elena," the brunette replied slowly picking up her dress which seemed to be the only part of her clothes that was still intact; her underwear had been shredded and she knew that it would be pointless to put them back on. 

"Could I use your bathroom?" Elena asked making Robin nod and point her in the right direction, the brunette smiled at him before she went inside to get changed; the brunette looked at herself in the mirror and started to put her dress back on from the night before. 

Once Elena had done she quickly splashed some water on her face, drying it quickly she paused when she spotted a flash of gold in the mirror; she slowly looked down at her left hand before Elena let out a startled cry. 

Robin quickly appeared at the door now wearing his jeans and moved to clutch the brunette's shoulders as she continued to stare at her left hand; the last thing that he wanted was any issues right now. 

"What's wrong?" Robin asked her concerned making Elena look up at him, she took several deep breathes before Elena found herself able to speak again.

"Please tell me you don't have a ring on your left hand," Elena whispered making Robin look at his left hand that lay on her shoulder and was horrified to find a plain golden wedding ring on his finger. 

It took a few seconds for what had happened to them the night before sink in, Robin looked at Elena as he cursed and stepped back away from her; he couldn't believe that he had gone and done something so stupid. 

The two of them were silent as they realised what had happened, Elena's breathing became more panicked as the seconds passed by; she had no idea what to think about the fact that she had gone and got married like that. 

Robin was still stood quite close to her and she could feel the heat of his body, it was then that it hit her; the man stood before her that she knew little about was her husband. 

"What do we do?" Elena whispered steadying herself on her feet by leaning against the bathroom counter since she felt a little faint; Robin watched her for a second before he started to pace. 

"We should look for the license," Robin said before he started to search through his things so that he could get some answers; he couldn't believe that he had gotten married like this so soon after he had gotten divorced. 

Elena watched him hopefully, she didn't know what she would tell her parents if the marriage was legal and she knew they would be disappointed; she jumped when she heard Robin curse from across the room. 

Elena moved to his side only to see him holding a piece of paper, it was their marriage license and they had both signed it; she couldn't believe that this was happening to her. 

"Who in their right mind would let us get married while we were that drunk?" Elena asked gently taking the paper from him, there had to be some sort of law that stopped them from marrying extremely drunk people like this and she hoped it was all some joke.

Robin slowly sat on the bed as he watched the brunette, who was now his wife; Elena frowned as she looked at the two witness signatures, only one of which she recognised as one of her friends. 

"That's Lydia's signature, what about you? Do you recognize your witness's signature?" Elena asked wondering what the hell Lydia had been thinking by letting her get married last night. 

Lydia was always the sensible one and Elena was sure that she would have stopped her from doing something like this; she wanted this to be some terrible joke that was happening to her. 

Elena sat down as her legs started to get to shaky to stand on, Robin nodded as he took in that he was now married for a second time; not for a moment had he thought that it would happen after what had happened between him and Bouchra. 

"I have an idea," said Robin snapping Elena back to reality, he looked over at her and took a deep breath before he continued to try work out how they could make sure that this wasn't actually happening. 

Elena looked at him, she was glad at least one of them had some idea about what was going on and she was sure that in a few days that they would be both going back to their normal lives. 

"First we don't know if any of it is legal, so I think we should go talk to the man that married us, the license has the address so we can go today. After we figured it out either he tells us we're not married so we go our separate ways, or he tells us we are and we get an annulment," Robin explained making Elena nod, they couldn't stay married, she knew nothing about him and she was sure that it wouldn't end well.