Chapter Twenty-Nine: Elena's Secret

"So you guys finally set a second wedding date," Coleen said sipping on her coffee, she watched Elena knowing that it had been a while since she'd attend a wedding and she was looking forward to Elena and Robin's second wedding. 

Elena was seventeen weeks pregnant now and they were slowly moving into November, the boys were all busy with training and the three friends were enjoying a break and had gone shopping. 

"We have," Elena confirmed knowing that they were just waiting to make sure that they could actually get married on that day; they wanted to get married on their anniversary so they wouldn't have loads of them. 

The last wedding that Coleen could remember was Roxanne and Nemanja's and that had been over a year ago and it was fast approaching their second anniversary. 

"So will you be buying a new dress or using the one from your first wedding?" Coleen asked making Elena choke on her cookie, Roxanne patted her on the back as the two WAGs looked at the brunette concerned. 

Elena tried to clear her throat, she hadn't been expecting that question and it only made her nervous about the fact that she hadn't really had a proper first wedding. 

"New dress, I didn't really have a wedding dress for our first wedding," Elena admitted softly, she felt awkward lying about her first wedding; she knew that this would come up but she hadn't been expecting it to happen so soon. 

Elena couldn't help but worry, she didn't know how much more she could take of people asking about her first wedding; talk had picked up now that things seemed so set for her second wedding. 

"What sort of wedding doesn't have the bride in a beautiful wedding dress?" Coleen said looking at Elena confused, she found it strange that they could never get any details about the wedding; it was like she was embarrassed about it or something.

Elena licked her lips before she quickly excused herself from the table then she rushed into the bathroom; Roxanne and Colleen watched her leave concerned, they didn't understand what might have upset their friend. 

"Watch the children, I'll see if she's okay," Roxanne instructed standing and following after Elena, Coleen looked at her hands wondering if she had stepped over some sort of boundary or something that had upset Elena. 

In the ladies bathroom, Elena wiped away some of her tears as Roxanne walked into the room; she felt so stupid and she knew that it was the pregnancy hormones making this even worse for her. 

"Coleen didn't mean anything by it, she was just joking," Roxanne comforted making Elena looked down at her hands feeling guilty for all the lies that she had told; she had never wanted anyone to get hurt in anyway and she wished that they could all just stop. 

Roxanne sighed collecting some tissues and handed them to Elena who leant against the sink, she wiped her eyes before she looked at Roxanne; who was looking at her concerned wondering what had upset her friend like this. 

"I'm such a horrible person," Elena whispered softly making Roxanne look at her and shook her head but Elena stopped her from speaking; she wanted to get this off her chest and she hoped that she was doing the right thing. 

Roxanne stared at Elena, this was clearly something that had been playing on Elena's mind for a while and she hoped that everything was okay between her and Robin. 

"I've been lying to everyone; my parents, you, the team and none of you deserve it," Elena revealed wanting to cry making Roxanne furrowed her brow confused wondering what the hell she was talking about; this was clearly not pregnancy hormones talking and that worried Roxanne more than anything right now.