Chapter Eight: Dr. and Dr. Addams

Elena ran her fingers through her hair and took a deep breath, it was early Sunday morning and she was worried about what was going to happen late that afternoon; it would be the first time her parents met Robin.

Elena was currently working on some desserts for the dinner that night since it was a tradition that each member of the family made a course for the meal.

Her father, David, was a surgeon; he was in-charge of making the starter which was usually a salad and then there was her mother, Allison who was a midwife; she was in-charge of the main part of Sunday dinner, though it wasn't always a roast.

"Elena, it's seven in the morning," Robin mumbled walking into the kitchen rubbing his eyes tiredly, he had come looking for his wife when he had woken without her by his side.

Robin had no idea what to expect when it came to meeting Elena's parents but he wanted to make a good impression; she was going to be his wife for the next year and he didn't want to cause any problems.

"I know," Elena replied leaning back against the counter and sighed, she didn't want to think about the lies that she would have to tell her parents today.

Elena glanced at the clock, she usually made three desserts for the dinner; the first was usually a double chocolate fudge cake, then a strawberry or toffee cheesecake and finally there was a fruit pie or salad.

"Come back to bed," Robin murmured resting his head on her shoulder and wrapped his arms around her; the brunette stiffened wondering if Robin was awake enough to realise what he was doing.

"I can't the apple pie will burn," Elena murmured softly, Robin looked at her confused slightly as she slipped out of his arms; he loved apple pie and hadn't had it in ages since he had moved to England.

"Apple pie?" Robin asked sniffing the air that was filled with a sweet apple smell, he looked at the oven and tilted his head as he looked at the pie that was baking.

"It's for dessert when we have dinner tonight with my parents," Elena told him as she started to clean the counter which was covered in flour from when she had been making the pastry.

Robin watched her as she worked before he moved to turn on the coffee maker making Elena peek at him confused wondering why he hadn't gone back to bed; he was clearly still tired and she didn't want to keep him awake.

"Anything I can do?" Robin asked making Elena pause and look at him, she usually did most of the work herself, even her ex-boyfriend didn't offer when he joined her family for Sunday dinner instead he would leave her to do everything.

"Not right now," Elena murmured a little speechless at his offer to help her, Robin nodded as he made them both a drink; she watched him for a moment before sitting at the kitchen table.

Elena wasn't sure what to think when it came to her marriage to Robin, they had been married a week now and she knew that things were changing between them; she wasn't sure what was going to happen.

"I'll make us some breakfast then," Robin replied handing Elena her tea before moving to prepare them breakfast; the brunette watched him, if this was married life then she was going to enjoy it.

***

Sunday dinner at the Addams family home was always held at six o'clock, it was one of the few times that the family of three got together and they made sure that nothing disturbed these evenings together.

Robin shifted nervously as they pulled up outside of Elena's parents' home, he didn't know what to expect about meeting his wife's parents; they wouldn't be telling them the truth about how they really got married.