Chapter Twenty-Three: Surprise Announcement

Old Trafford was bigger than Elena expected and she was glad that she had arranged to meet up with Coleen before the match; the older woman had taken Elena under her wing when she had learnt that she was expecting. 

Shaqueel and Kai were chatting excitedly about the match while Dina sat on Elena's lap while she talked with Coleen as they sat in a private box which was reserved for the families of the players. 

Elena was eleven weeks pregnant and she had promised Robin that she would be here, he had been a little concerned about her coming but she had insisted. 

"So how is Robin taking being in the starting eleven today?" Coleen asked making Elena smile as she remembered the grin on her husband's face when he had told her that he would be starting today. 

Elena had never seen him so excited and she knew how much this meant to him, he was still trying to find his place in this new team; things at home had settled down and now they were focusing on everything else. 

"Like a child at Christmas," Elena making Coleen laugh lightly as the players took to the field, the two women watched the other halves for a moment; they both knew that this was important to them. 

Elena chewed on her lip as she watched Robin on the pitch, he looked so happy out there and she knew that the move had been right for him; she doubted things would have gotten better if he had remained at Arsenal. 

Elena nearly missed it when Robin scored, she grinned knowing that this was going to be something that he remembered; she watched him celebrate with his team-mates and she was so proud of him. 

Elena smiled watching Shaqueel jump up and down in joy of his father's goal, however the brunette choked when she noticed her husband's celebration and she wanted to kill him. 

Coleen laughed as she glanced at Elena, this certainly wasn't what they had been expecting and there was no way that they would be able to cover this up now.

"I guess the secret is official out of the bag," Coleen teased while Elena tried to stop the blush that appeared on her face; she couldn't believe what Robin had just gone and done in front of all these people. 

Not only had Robin dedicated his goal to his new wife but he had also informed everyone that she was pregnant with his goal celebration of sticking the ball up his shirt and rubbing it. 

Elena shifted uncomfortably as several of the women grinned at the brunette, she was going to be having a serious word with Robin; they had agreed to wait a little while before they told everyone. 

"You're pregnant?" Stacey asked looking at Elena, who nodded her head before all the women started to congratulate her; they were so happy that things were working out so well for the new couple. 

However the celebratory atmosphere didn't last long when an opposing footballer accidentally raked his studs down Wayne's inner thigh; Wayne's leg poured with blood as the team medics headed onto the pitch while he clutched his leg. 

Elena gripped Coleen's hand as she watched Wayne being carried off the pitch; they knew it had to have been serious since Roxanne had also been called out to look at the injury before Wayne was taken off the pitch. 

"I better go see what is happening," Coleen whispered quickly collecting Kai who looked at his mother worried; it was clear that the little boy was worried and scared for his father, no one had expected this to happen and they all knew that it would be serious. 

Elena shifted Dina on her lap looking down at the pitch, the match was slowly winding down and the team would be celebrating tonight.

***

Robin grinned approaching Elena after the game had finished and he had showered then changed into his street clothes; Wayne had been taken to hospital to see how bad the injury had really been. 

Robin hugged his children first before he noticed the look on Elena's face, she didn't look happy and he couldn't figure out what had happened; he suddenly felt nervous about this. 

"What?" Robin asked confused trying to figure out why Elena was glaring at him like that, he brushed his fingers through Shaqueel's hair and hoped that someone would give a clue about what had happened. 

Elena crossed her arms waiting for the penny to drop in Robin's mind, she knew that he had been excited but she was only eleven weeks pregnant and they had agreed to wait until her first trimester was over before they announced that they were expecting. 

Rio smiled at the couple as he passed them on the way over to Rebecca and their children, he could see that Robin was going to be in the dog house over what he had done. 

"I think a congratulations is in order, when is the baby due?" Rio asked making Robin look at his wife as he realised why he was in the dog house; he had done it in the spare of the moment and hadn't really thought about his celebration. 

Rio patted him on the back before he moved to greet Rebecca and their children Lorenz, Tate and Tia; he could sense the small argument that was brewing between Robin and Elena. 

"I'm sorry," Robin murmured although it was clear by the grin on his face that he wasn't, Elena frowned as he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her lips softly. 

Robin hadn't been able to help himself and he knew that there was no way that he could take back what he had done; he was only two weeks early with the reveal anyway. 

"I'm still mad at you," Elena told him making Robin chuckle as he pulled back to look at his wife, she was a little upset about the news getting out early but he had a good feeling about the pregnancy and he doubted anything would happen.

"I know and I'll make it up to you later," Robin said winking at her before he turned his attention back to his children, Elena rolled her eyes as she moved to collect Dina; she knew that her husband wasn't sorry in the least about what he had done. 

Elena could only hope that the press weren't going to go completely crazy over this, things had just started to quieten down after their move to Manchester. 

"You ready to go home?" Robin asked picking Shaqueel up and looked at Elena, who nodded her head as she smiled at him softly; she doubted that she would ever be able to stay mad at him for long. 

The couple said goodbye to their team-mates and friends knowing that Robin's display had changed everything for them and that there was no going back to deny the meaning of his display. 

Elena followed after Robin, she really did hope that her husband knew what he was doing and she couldn't help but feel a little touched at his gesture; she looked at Dina wondering what her baby would look like. 

Shaqueel look more like a miniature version of Robin while Dina looked more like Bouchra; it made Elena think about the baby that she was carrying, she couldn't wait to find out what they were going to have in a few weeks' time. 

Robin talked with Shaqueel about the match, he was so happy with how it had gone and he knew that he was at home now in Manchester; he couldn't believe that things were going so well for them. 

Robin could only hope that they stayed that way, he had no idea what was coming but he knew that he wanted to focus on his family now that things were calming down.