Chapter Thirty-Six: Old Friends

Elena rolled her eyes resting a hand on her swollen stomach, she was now twenty-three weeks pregnant and Robin couldn't have been happier; things were starting to quieten down after the impromptu press conference. 

Currently Robin was decorating what would be the nursery for their little girl with the help of Nemanja, Ryan and Wayne; he wanted to have it finished before the baby arrived. 

"Would you stop painting me," Nemanja exclaimed as Wayne brushed more light pink paint into his hair; Roxanne held back a laugh as she looked at her husband a little amused at the colouring. 

Elena, Stacey and Coleen stifled their own laughs at the sight of the tough Serbian that was now covered in light pink paint; it was an interesting colour to see him in. 

 "But you look so pretty," Wayne cooed innocently making Robin chuckle before covering it with a cough as Nemanja glared at him annoyed. 

Ryan snorted amused as he continued to paint the wall before Wayne painted the back of his head, the Welshman glared at the Scouser who pretended that he was hard at work painting another wall. 

"Knock it off Rooney, we want the nursery finished before Elena has the baby," Nemanja snapped trying and failed to wipe the paint out of his hair with little success since it was starting to dry. 

Roxanne bit her lip holding back a laugh while she moved to help her husband; pink was definitely not his colour; Coleen bit her lip as she watched Ryan paint Wayne in revenge. 

"So have you two thought of any names?" Stacey asked changing the subject, Elena nodded as she sipped on her water while Robin tried to avoid being the next target in the paint war. 

"We've narrowed it down to Arabella, Layla or Kathryn," Elena said making her friends look at her and smile before Coleen made a noise of amusement as she spotted her husband in a headlock while Ryan and Nemanja painted his head.

"They're pretty," Roxanne said making Elena nod as they watched the boys fight, it was clear that it would take a while for the room to actually get painted; the women rolled their eyes at how childish men could be. 

"I'm throwing you a baby shower next week," Coleen announced making the younger brunette look at her a little surprised; she hadn't expected anyone to actually throw her one. 

Coleen rested a hand on her own bump, she was only four weeks behind Elena and still didn't know for sure what she was going to have; she was a little excited to throw a small party for her friend. 

Coleen rolled her eyes playfully at Elena's shocked expression as the men started talking about taking Robin out for his own baby shower celebration; though it was clear that it would be nothing more than a night out. 

"So what are everyone's plans for Christmas?" Stacey asked making Robin and Elena glance at one another, the two had popped down to London after the incident with Ashlee to see her parents. 

They had decided that it was time to come clean to their families, who were less than pleased with what had taken place; neither of them had really spoken with their families since the reveal and it was clear to see that it would just be them for Christmas. 

Robin wanted to make the holidays special, he felt a little responsible for the fact that Elena wasn't speaking to her parents right now; he wanted to show her that they would be just fine. 

Elena and the children deserved a great Christmas after what had happened, things had been so tense and Robin knew that it had affected them all more than they were willing to admit.