Chapter One: Partying in Vegas

Walking through the lobby of the expensive hotel that she was staying in, Elena Addams grinned catching up with her two best friends; they had come to Las Vegas for the weekend to have a girl's weekend away. 

"Elena, you look fabulous," Ashlee Jones gushed as Elena joined them, she was wearing a geo print wrap top dress paired with black single strap heeled sandals; she wanted to look nice for the first night out in the famous city. 

Ashlee was the main reason that the three friends were on holiday, she didn't really have a job but her parents were high profile lawyers who paid for everything for her. 

"Thanks Ash, you look fabulous as well," Elena replied looking at her friend's dress, it was a little showy and made the brunette feel under-dressed; Ashlee did a little twirl as she looked down at the mini dress that she was wearing and grinned. 

Lydia rolled her eyes as she watched the blonde, she knew that Ashlee was a show off and that she had never worked a day in her life and had everything handed to her; she was a little annoyed at how her friend took things for granted. 

"Stop being a show off Ash," Lydia muttered making sure to put her key to her hotel room into her clutch, she glanced at Elena wondering if the brunette was okay; she had recently broken up with her boyfriend and this holiday was so she could take her mind off him. 

Elena took a deep breath as she held onto her grey handbag, she was sure that this trip would help her get over the fact that Lucas had ended things after four years; she didn't want to sit around moping over someone like him anymore.

***

Robin van Persie sighed in relief stepping into the hotel, he had come on holiday with a couple of his Arsenal team-mates in an attempt to get away from the media glare back in London. 

Robin didn't want to face what had happened during the Euros and he wanted nothing more than to relax before the new season started; there were rumours that he could be leaving Arsenal after eight years. 

The group had only just arrived at their hotel after fighting their way through the fans and media that had been outside to greet them; it was crazy and they only wanted to relax for a while. 

 "So are we going out tonight?" Jack Wilshere asked looking at his friends, they all knew that this could be the last time that they would be able to go out with Robin; no one knew what was going to happen during the transfer window. 

Thomas Vermaelen looked around the group as he received their hotel room keys; this weekend was meant to be about taking Robin's mind off of his divorce and right now he was struggling to come to terms with it. 

"You okay?" Thomas asked gently when Robin stopped next to him, the Dutchman nodded as he was given his room key, he had to be strong for the sake of his children, he hated that he hadn't been able to save his marriage for their sake. 

"Never better," Robin muttered forcing a smile before they headed towards the elevator and waited until they could get inside; Theo Walcott looked at Thomas who shrugged not knowing what was going inside the Dutchman's mind. 

Robin hadn't been himself since Bouchra had left him, the once cheerful Dutchman was hardly himself anymore, he was miserable and when his marriage had ended during the season. 

Bouchra had already moved on since she had been separated for nearly a year now, she was happy while Robin was miserable.

***

Knocking back his third drink, Robin couldn't care less about how he would feel in the morning; his plan right now was to get a drunk as possible so that he could forget that Bouchra had remarried. 

"Robin will you slow down," Jack murmured watching his friend getting complete and utterly trashed, he didn't want Robin doing something that he could come to regret. 

Robin looked at him as he ordered another drink, he knew that he was taking this a little hard but he had just lost the woman that he thought he would be spending the rest of his life with. 

"You'll find a woman better than Bouchra," Thomas reassured handing the Dutchman a drink; Robin thanked him before he knocked it back, his friends watched him concerned wondering if he was going to be okay. 

They hadn't known how to react when Bouchra walked out of the door with his two children to be with the man that they thought was one of Robin's close friends. 

"Now that's what I call hot," Wojciech called making his team-mates look at him; they followed his gaze to where they could see three women talking. 

Thomas raised an eyebrow as Wojciech disappeared to speak with the blonde of the trio, who eagerly left her friends for the footballer; of course what woman wouldn't be interested when a famous footballer was talking to you. 

Robin watched as the Pole disappeared, he wished that he was able to do that so that he could forget the pain that Bouchra had caused him; he couldn't believe that she had left him for Ewan, they had been friends even after what had happened with Francesca. 

Robin sipped on his drink, he thought about his decision to ask for a transfer; he knew that it took him further away from his children but he couldn't remain in London and watch Bouchra play happy families with his former best friend.

***

Elena rolled her eyes sipping on her drink, they were currently standing inside some club in the middle of Las Vegas; she wasn't sure what she had expected by coming out like this. 

"Come on Lena, stop being such a bore," Ashlee moaned leaning against the bar, it was clear that she was looking for someone to get off with; the blonde was known as a flirt and it was a wonder that she had a steady boyfriend. 

"It will help take your mind off Lucas," Ashlee cooed knowing that her friend hadn't gotten over her recent break-up; Elena sighed and looked down slightly at her drink, she didn't want to think of her cheating controlling ex-boyfriend. 

"Lena, you need to forget about him... have some fun, have a one night stand," Lydia pleaded making her two friends stare at her, the dark haired women wasn't the type to suggest something like this. 

Lydia rolled her eyes as she sipped on her own drink, they hadn't expected to hear that from her but she wanted Elena to get over this. 

Lydia was engaged to a youth basketball coach and was happily in a steady relationship; she wanted things to go back to normal and she wasn't going to let Elena do something stupid. 

"Oh look eye candy," Ashlee mused before disappearing into the crowd, Elena rolled her eyes as she watched the blonde disappear; Lydia sighed as she leant against the bar next to Elena. 

The two stood in silence for a moment before Lydia grinned at Elena; she was sure that they would find some way to entertain themselves. 

"Let's get drunk," Lydia announced making Elena looked at her as she started to grin; Elena had to admit that she liked that idea, she couldn't remember the last time she had gotten completely drunk without having someone nag her about how she was acting.