Chapter Sixty-Four: Coleen and Wayne's Baby Girl

Groaning softly as he turned over, Robin flicked on the light next to his side of the bed before he picked up his mobile that had been ringing; Elena mumbled something as she curled closer to her husband as she started to fall back asleep. 

"Hello?" Robin murmured sleep thick in his voice as he looked at his wife, who was falling back asleep; however the moment he heard Nemanja speak, the Dutchman gently shook her awake. 

Elena groaned looking at Robin confused as he thanked Nemanja and asked him to keep them updated about what was going on. 

"Coleen's gone into labor," Robin said as Elena ran a hand through her hair, she had expected when she'd been with the Scouser earlier that this might happened; Coleen had been in a bit of pain while they'd been shopping for dresses. 

"Is she okay?" Elena asked tiredly watching Robin climb out of bed, waking Cookie who was sleeping at the end of the couple's bed; the dog tilted her head confused as looked at Robin and then Elena. 

Elena knew that Robin was probably heading to the hospital to check on Coleen and Wayne; she rubbed the sleep from her eyes pushing herself up and watched her husband get dressed. 

"You don't have to get up... I'm just going to run round to theirs and pick Kai up, their parents are still in Liverpool and we're the closest to them to watch him," Robin said making Elena nod climbing out of bed, she was dressed in her blue satin pyjama set, she wanted to get a room ready for the tired little boy that would be joining them. 

"I know... but I'm awake now and I might as well get the guest room ready," Elena said making Robin nod kissing her quickly before he pulled on some shoes and headed out of the bedroom.

Running a hand through her hair, Elena padded out of the bedroom and headed for one of the guest rooms so that she could prepare it for Kai; she had spent a quick text to Roxy and she knew that from there the news would spread quickly to the others about their friend going into labour. 

After Elena had made sure that the room was ready for Kai, she moved to check on her children; Shaqueel and Dina were fast asleep and Arabella was waking up for her middle of the night feed. 

Elena carefully picked up her little girl and cuddled her close before she moved to sit in the armchair that was in the room so that she could feed the baby. 

Elena listened to her husband returning with Kai, she glanced at the clock; it was only three in the morning and Elena had a feeling that today was going to be a long day.

***

Brushing a hand through her hair, Elena balanced Arabella on her hip as she walked towards the front door to let Lydia in; while the brunette hadn't found her wedding dress, she had managed to select the maid-of-honour dress, the brides maids and the flower girls dresses. 

"Morning... we have stuff to get through," Lydia called stepping into the house, her head buried in the wedding planner while her fiancé followed behind her; David flashed Elena a smile before he cooed over Arabella. 

Elena smiled at him before she followed Lydia into the living room, where Robin was watching television with the children. 

"Robin," David greeted making the Dutchman nod at him before he glanced at Lydia who was sorting through the wedding planner as she attempted to find something inside of it. 

Elena sat down on the couch with Arabella in her arms, she flashed Robin a smile as he moved to take the baby from her; ever since she'd come home Robin loved to have their daughter close to him. 

"Okay... we have the honeymoon sorted... a week in Verona, Italy for the two of you and a week in Formentera with the children," Lydia said confirming what the couple already knew about their holiday plans

Robin held Arabella close as Lydia made some notes, he chuckled at the look that his wife gave him as he lifted their daughter completely away from her; the brunette rolled her eyes knowing that Arabella was definitely becoming a daddy's girl. 

"Okay passport?" Lydia asked making Elena sigh crossing her arms, she was surprised it had taken her so long to get around to applying for a new passport with her married name. 

"I sent it away three weeks ago... it should be back before the wedding," Elena replied making Lydia nod continuing to make notes before she started to talk about confirming the DJ and other entertainment that she had lined up for the wedding. 

Lydia pursed her lips as Cookie padded into the living room, the dog had adjusted well to the addition of Arabella to the family and she was often found sleeping on the floor next to the baby's crib of a night if she wasn't with Robin and Elena. 

The shrill ring of phone pulled Robin's attention from Lydia who was going through other details for the wedding; he ignored the glare that she gave him knowing who it was. 

"Hello?" Robin said while Elena nodded along to what her best friend was saying until she spotted the grin on her husband's face; Robin glanced at Elena before he told the person on the phone that they'd be right there. 

"That was Wayne... they have a beautiful baby girl that weighs a healthy 6Ib 11oz," Robin announced making Elena grin before she got her feet as the children looked at the adults while the Dutchman handed Arabella back to his wife so that they could go to the hospital.

***

"Mummy," Kai said hurrying into the hospital room followed by Elena, who had left her husband and children talking to the other players and WAGs; the brunette flashed a smile at Roxanne who was already in the room. 

"How are you?" Elena asked turning her attention to Coleen who was holding a pink bundle in her arms, the Scouser smiled before she showed Elena the newborn that she held. 

The labour had been a long one and Coleen was so happy that everything had gone well, she looked down at her daughter hoping Kai would like her. 

"We decided to name her Julianna Alyssa Rooney after the two bravest women that we know," Wayne revealed making Elena and Roxanne look at their friends completely shocked at what they had done. 

Coleen grinned at her two friends knowing that she had never mentioned what she was going to name her daughter to them. 

"Lena from the moment that we met you it was clear that you don't give yourself much credit... you've been through so much and it would have broken anyone else but you are still here and fighting. Roxy, you pull us together as a group and you're always there when your friends need you... it doesn't matter what it is, you are there for them day or night," Coleen explained making tears fill her friends eyes as they listened to the sweet things that the Scouser had to say about them. 

Wayne chuckled handing a tissue to Elena and Roxanne, who moved to give Coleen a hug; Kai tilted his head as his father picked him up and showed him, his new baby sister.