Chapter Thirty-One: Paging Dr. Evans

Walking into the medical office with Nemanja and Wayne, Robin chuckled listening to his friend complain about how much he was missing his wife; Coleen was away in Liverpool visiting family for the day. 

"Grow a pair Rooney, it's not like she's left the country," Nemanja murmured making Robin laugh as they spotted Tony talking with the new doctor, who had been sent to check the players over for any un-noticed medical conditions. 

Wayne muttered something under his breath as the two doctors approached them, it was clear to see that Tony was annoyed with the younger man; who seemed a little smug about something. 

"Boys, this is Dr. Evans, he's the doctor doing the tests," Tony said introducing the doctor to the three players, Robin paled as he realised who the man was; Allison had shown him pictures when he first met her and he had no doubts who Dr. Evans was. 

Nemanja offered Robin a concerned look at Wayne opted to go first for the testing, while the Dutchman took a seat as he waited for his turn; he could tell that something was bothering his friend. 

"Is everything okay, Robin?" Nemanja asked taking a seat next to Robin while they waited, he could see that something was now seriously bothering the Dutchman about the doctor. 

Robin looked over at the office that Lucas was using for the medical examinations, he wasn't looking forward to when he was alone with the other man. 

"The doctor is Elena's ex-boyfriend," Robin murmured wondering if his wife knew that her ex-boyfriend was here in Manchester working for Manchester United; he was sure that Elena would have said something to him if she knew about this. 

Nemanja cleared his throat thinking back to what Roxanne had told him about Robin and Elena's marriage; the brunette had been in Las Vegas to get over the break up from Lucas and this wasn't going to be pleasant.

***

Elena grinned playing with Eva and Dina while she waited for Robin to return from his medical check-up; the brunette glanced at Roxanne who was typing up a report as Shaqueel played with Jayden. 

"So what's the new doctor like? Sofia mentioned that you didn't like him," Elena asked smiling softly at Eva and Dina, she couldn't wait for her own baby to be born; being around the children all the time made her wonder what her baby would be like. 

Roxanne sighed looking at Elena, who snorted amused at the look of annoyance on her face; she was sure that the new doctor wouldn't be that much of a pain especially if Sir Alex had been the one to hire him. 

"I'm glad he's only here for few weeks, I swear he's the most annoying person I have ever met. Nem's going to beat him up if he continues to attempt to flirt with me, Javier doesn't even want Sofia anywhere him," Roxanne said making Elena look at her concerned, she had seen what Nemanja would do if anyone tried anything with Roxanne. 

Roxanne sighed running a hand through her hair, as she emailed her report to Sir Alex; she flashed Elena a weak smile as she watched her with the two little girls. 

"Is it that bad?" Elena asked getting back to her feet allowing Eva and Dina to play alone, Roxanne nodded as the brunette leant against the desk; she was sure that it would get better soon. 

"Honestly there's something about him, he seemed a little too interested in Robin when he was watching the training session yesterday," Roxanne explained making Elena furrow her brow as she looked at her, the two women were silent for a moment. 

"Daddy," Shaqueel said rushing to greet Robin, as the Dutchman and Nemanja entered the office; the two women looked at the husbands' who looked annoyed as they greeted their families.

"What's wrong?" Elena asked watching her husband closely, she could see that something was bothering of him and she had a feeling that it had something to do with the doctor that Roxanne had been telling her about. 

Robin glanced at Nemanja, who was talking softly with Roxanne making him sigh, he had to tell Elena and he wasn't overly happy about the situation; he didn't want to lose his wife. 

"Lucas is here, he's the doctor that was hired for the health check-ups," Robin revealed making Elena stare at him shocked, she hadn't been expecting to see him again and she had no idea what to say to Robin about that. 

Shaqueel looked at his step-mother concerned as she sat down on one of the chairs in Roxanne's office; Roxanne glanced at her friend as Nemanja told her what had happened. 

"He knows you're here, he asked about you," Robin mumbled softly, he didn't want to upset his wife more than he needed to but he knew that he had to tell her. 

Elena licked her lips trying to clear her thoughts, the last time she had seen Lucas there had been something off about him and now he was here; something didn't add up and it worried her. 

Elena shuddered to think what he was up to, if anyone hinted that her marriage to Robin was the result of them getting drunk then Lucas would do anything in his power to win her back, even if it meant going to the press.

***

After saying goodbye to Nemanja and Roxanne, the couple headed towards Robin's car so that they could head home for the day; Dina smiled as Elena carried her while Shaqueel was walking with his father. 

It was clear to anyone that looked their way that something had put Robin on edge; he stuck close to his wife's side as they exited the building and walked towards his car. 

"Elena?" called a voice, making the couple pause as they turned to see Lucas approaching them making Robin move closer to his wife; he didn't want the other man getting too close. 

Lucas smirked looking at the annoyed face that Robin had while Elena shifted nervously; she didn't want to hang around and she hated that Lucas was coming back into her life. 

"Lucas, it's nice to see you again," Elena greeted politely as Robin glared at the doctor as he stepped closer to his wife; Lucas grinned as he saw how uncomfortable Robin seemed to be about him being here. 

"Not as nice as it is to see you, how have you been?" Lucas asked moving even closer to the couple making Robin frown; he spotted Javier and Sofia returning from lunch and glance at the family concerned. 

Javier frowned spotting the doctor, he had heard from Wayne who had told everyone of the connection between Elena and Lucas; Javier felt sorry for Robin, since it was clear that the doctor was a flirt and that he was still interested in Elena. 

"I've been well thank you," Elena said politely feeling Robin wrap an arm around her waist and hold her close to him while Shaqueel cuddled into the brunette's leg. 

Lucas frowned knowing that he was going to have to get Elena away from her family if he wanted to win her back. 

"We have to get home but it was... nice to see you," Elena stated awkwardly wondering why Lucas seemed too interested in her now, their break-up had been his fault and now it seemed like he thought she'd forgiven him for cheating on her with a nurse from the hospital.