Chapter Thirty: Talking with Roxanne

Robin took a deep breath before stepping into Roxanne's office at the training ground, he was a little worried that Roxanne might have told someone about the real reason that he had married Elena. 

"Hey," Roxanne greeted softly when Robin stepped inside her office and closed the door after him; he checked that they were alone and he knew that he didn't want any of this getting out. 

Roxanne watched him knowing that Robin was worried about her revealing his secret and she didn't blame him after how her talk with Elena had gone the day before. 

"Rox listen, Elena and I may have a drunken marriage but we love each other. Roxy, you know she's not a gold-digger," Robin reasoned making Roxanne sigh, she had spoken to Nemanja the night before about what Elena had told her; of course the brunette was shocked at what had been revealed but she hadn't expected it from someone like Elena. 

"Robin look I will apologize to Elena for the way I reacted, and calling her a gold digger but what do you expect? I've known most of the lads all my life. I have seen way to many people get hurt I was just shocked. By the way only Nemanja knows your secret as he was the one to point out that my first thoughts on seeing you were that you looked so much in love," Roxanne stated making Robin listen to what the brunette in front of him had to say. 

Robin took a deep breath as he relaxed a little; he hadn't really slept the night before at the thought of what the reveal had cost Elena and if it had been leaked to the press; he didn't want his wife to face that sort of backlash. 

"Thank you," Robin whispered pulling Roxanne into a hug, before Tony entered the office making the two pull apart; Robin was just glad that he could put this behind them and that they could move forward. 

Roxanne smiled, she hoped that she had made the right decision and she would be keeping an extra eye on Elena and Robin even if she knew that Elena wasn't going to hurt Robin.

"Just to let you know Roxy, Dr. Evans is here for the next couple of weeks to help out and what not," Tony said handing over some forms to her, he nodded at Robin as he left the room so that he could get back to training. 

Roxanne groaned remembering that there was some all-important doctor coming up from London to help out for a couple of months and doing some important medical testing on the players. 

Sir Alex wanted to make sure that all his players were physically healthy and that they were all okay to play after what had happened to Fabrice Muamba; it had been horrible to watch and they all hoped that they never had to see anything like that again. 

Roxanne hadn't had the luck of meeting the man yet but she hadn't heard anything good about him; she had heard from Sofia that he was a bit of a flirt and had spent the morning trying to get her number before her boyfriend had walked in on them. 

Javier had been far from pleased with the situation and had barely left Sofia alone since it had happened, he had spotted the doctor lurking around and Roxanne had a feeling that he was going to cause a lot of trouble. 

Roxanne took the paper work, she flicked through it and wondered just how much the team was going to have to put up with while the doctor was here; he was meant to be some sort of specialist and that was why Manchester United had hired him instead of getting a local doctor to come and see to their players. 

Checking the clock, Roxanne decided to send Elena a text message and ask her to meet up so that she could apologise for snapping at her the day before.

***

Elena shifted nervously while she sat inside Starbucks, it was starting to get dark out and the brunette was waiting for Roxanne to arrive from work; she was a little nervous about what Roxanne was going to say to her.