Chapter Twenty-Two: The Welcome Party

Elena shifted nervously sitting in the car as they pulled up outside the restaurant where the welcoming party was being held; she couldn't believe that this was actually happening. 

Robin smiled at his wife, she was wearing royal blue dress and shrug paired with her silver heels, she looked beautiful and he doubted that anyone would be able to deny that; pregnancy gave her a beautiful glow and he couldn't have been happier. 

"You look beautiful," Robin said pecking her lips before he got out of the car and walked around to help her out as well; Elena smiled at him as she climbed elegantly out of the car. 

Robin grinned drawing her closely to his side as he locked the car, before they headed into the restaurant ignoring the press that tried to get their attention by shouting questions at them. 

Elena let out a small sigh of relief once they were inside, she was never going to get used to the press acting like that; Rio Ferdinand approached them with his wife, Rebecca approached the couple with a smile. 

"Robin, I'm glad you could make it," Rio greeted making Robin smile while Elena shifted nervously; she jumped a little as Robin wrapped an arm around her waist. 

Robin smiled, he knew that she was nervous but Elena really had nothing to worry about; these people weren't going to try and cause them any problems. 

"This is my wife Elena... Lena, this is Rio and his wife Rebecca," Robin introduced making Elena smile politely and say hello; she wasn't sure how to act in this situation and she prayed that Robin didn't leave her alone since she didn't want to make a fool of herself. 

Rebecca rolled her eyes before she linked arms with Elena and led her over to the wives while Rio led Robin over to the team; she had a feeling that Elena was going to fit in just fine with them all. 

"Ladies, this is Robin's wife Elena... Elena these are the WAGs of Manchester United," Rebecca said urging the brunette to sit down next to Roxanne who smiled at her; she could see that Elena was a little surprised at being hijacked from her husband's side.

"Jesus, you two could be twins," Coleen Rooney announced choking on her drink as she looked between Roxanne and Elena, the others nodded in agreement at how much the two women looked alike. 

Elena blushed, she wasn't used to being the centre of attention like this and she knew that she wasn't going to get used to people staring at her anytime soon; she just hoped that things would get easier. 

"So Elena, how did you and Robin meet?" Stacey Giggs asked curiously, she hadn't heard much about the couple and she was surprised they had managed to keep things so quiet until they had been caught getting married in Vegas. 

Elena took a deep breath to calm her nerves, she recalled the lie that she had been telling since she had married Robin and she was getting so used to it now that it nearly felt like the truth sometimes. 

"I got lost one day while I was living in Rotterdam and it was getting dark. I think I had been walking around for about an hour before I bumped into Robin, it was back when he played for Feyenoord; he helped me get back to my apartment," Elena explained with a smile, she wished so much that it was true even if she knew that it never would be. 

The women all smiled as they listened to her and Elena knew that they wouldn't doubt the story that she was telling them; she could only imagine what they would think of her if they knew the truth. 

"We hit it off and things were going well until I returned to London; we grew apart and went our separate ways, he went on to marry Bouchra, and we all know how that ended," Elena continued softly making a couple of the women frown as they heard the mention of the former wife of Robin van Persie.