Chapter Ten: Awkward Meetings

Elena shifted nervously sitting in the kitchen, she didn't know how this was going to happen when Bouchra dropped Robin's children off; she still hadn't told her husband about the note that his ex-wife had been left on her car. 

Robin hadn't been pleased to hear that Bouchra was bringing her fiancé Ewan with her, Ewan was the man that the she had left Robin for and had been his friend at one point before all of this had fallen apart. 

"Relax," Robin murmured looking at his wife, she smiled at him as he wrapped his arms around her as he attempted to calm her; it hadn't escaped her notice that they were slowly growing closer. 

Robin held on to Elena, he had been meaning to talk to her about all of this and he knew that things were slowly changing between them; they had been married for over two weeks now and things were going well. 

"Maybe I should go out for the day," Elena murmured hoping to avoid Bouchra but he shook his head before he cupped her face, he didn't think that he was ready to face his ex-wife and her new fiancé alone after everything that had happened. 

Elena sighed watching the emotions that passed through Robin's eyes as she watched him closely; she bit her lip wondering if she should tell him about meeting Bouchra at work. 

Robin watched her concerned, he knew that she was keeping something from him, he hadn't wanted to push it but he knew there was something wrong. 

"Robin, I've already met Bouchra," Elena revealed softly making him look at her confused; he didn't like where this was going, he knew how Bouchra could be when she didn't like someone. 

It was the reason that Robin had been hoping to be there when Elena met his ex-wife and children; he wanted to make sure that nothing could go wrong. 

"Shaqueel had a doctor's appointment at the doctor's surgery where I work," Elena explained wondering if she should tell him about the note; she didn't want to cause problems between him and his ex-wife.

Robin nodded and sighed running a hand through his hair as he watched his wife; he could sense that there was more and he stared at her waiting for her to speak, he wanted to know what had happened. 

"What happened?" the Dutchman encouraged making Elena look at him and shake her head; she really didn't want to worry or upset him when she was sure that she was being silly. 

Robin watched as Elena shifted nervously under his gaze before she fished something out of her jeans pocket; she handed it to him and watched him as he read the note. 

"I found it on my car windscreen after work," Elena mumbled as Robin frowned, he wished that she would have told him sooner; there was no doubt that it was Bouchra's handwriting since he could recognise it anywhere. 

Elena watched Robin as he took a deep breath, she knew that he worried and she was sure that Bouchra just felt threatened; it wasn't like it would matter in the long run when she and Robin divorced. 

"You should have told me," Robin said concerned as he pulled her to him and into a hug, he couldn't believe that Bouchra had done this when she was the one to end things. 

Elena nodded burying her head into Robin's chest, she listened to his heartbeat as he rubbed his arms up and down her back until the doorbell rang. 

Elena pulled away from Robin who smiled at her softly, he knew she didn't want to see Bouchra again but they needed to do this together; he slipped the note into his pocket, he would speak with Bouchra later about this and he wasn't going to let her bully Elena when she had done nothing wrong.

***

Elena forced a smile as she sat across from Bouchra and Ewan in the living room, she had no idea what to say and she hoped Robin would be back soon; the children had disappeared upstairs to play while the adults talked.